Wrexham | Vital Football

Wrexham

Out of the top ten sides in this league they have conceded the least amount of goals, suggesting a decent defence. On the flip side, again out of the top ten sides, they have scored the least, suggesting they don't score many.
Not true i don't think, they certainly have the ability to severely punish teams who are not up for it. They pumped five into Salford earlier in the season and they put four past Ebbsfleet.
They appear to be scoring +1 per game, so we need to score twice today to stand a chance of getting the three points. With such a tight defence it's unlikely but this is pools we're talking about and anything is possible. Draw would be a good result but lets focus on winning the game and not look to 'not lose the game'.
:red:

Overall a deserved victory.
Thought Wrexham offered little though, as with all teams in this league, were well versed in gamesmanship!
Pools players stood up, well, to the physical aspects and Kabamba was a veritable colossus in his endeavours against the two Wrexham centre halves.

Once again totally off course with my prediction, the only saving grace was the bit about this being pools and never knowing what we’re gonna get.

Good game, they were nothing special, bit like all teams in this league they lack someone who can put it in the net on a regular basis.

Holroyd, their no:10 got away with everything and that’s why he continued to do it. If the ref had yellow carded him after the first six or seven incidents he would have desisted as it was no warning so it continued.

I don’t think that was pools at our strongest, with an addition here and there we could be better next term, but we need to get points on the board early and lots of them, not just one here and there, threes.

Top teams are not much better than us, if at all, but we need points on the board even if it’s not pretty to watch. Draws are not much good, let’s shake off the philosophy of not losing games let’s go out to win them, you never know where it will take us.
:red: