Wracking Up The Stat's On Wednesday!!! | Vital Football

Wracking Up The Stat's On Wednesday!!!

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
It might have been the first 5-5 between the two sides but for some of the players, Wednesday's scoreline was nothing new.

Excluding the play-offs, there have been four 5-5 draws in the Football League since 2010 and, remarkably, Nottingham Forest's starting XI included players who had been involved in each of the previous three.

For skipper Michael Dawson this was a second 5-5 draw this year. The former England man was in the Hull City team that shared 10 goals with Bristol City in April.

Midfielder Claudio Yacob was in the West Brom team that helped end Sir Alex Ferguson's glittering spell as Manchester United boss in style, as the Baggies and Red Devils played out the only 5-5 of Ferguson's 26-year spellas United boss in May 2013.

On a slightly more tenuous note, Reds full-back Tendayi Darikwa was an unused sub for Chesterfield when they evenly split 10 goals with Crewe in October 2010. Presumably he used his time on the bench to take notes.

Like Dawson, Villa midfielder John McGinn has now been involved in two 5-5 draws this year. The Scotland international was in the Hibernian team that blew a three-goal lead before scoring a last minute equaliser against Rangers in the Scottish Premiership. In fact, last night's score means McGinn has been involved in more 5-5s in 2018 than 0-0s.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46385157

Abraham must feel a bit peeved getting 4 goals and not winning.

Not as bad as Dennis Law, playing for Man City against Luton. Scored 6 goals and ended up loosing. Law scored all 6 with Man City winning 6-1 when match abandoned due to rain. The pitch needed to be really waterlogged in 1961 not just a few puddles, like today. Luton won replay 1-0.

BEEN A WHILE SINCE i had mates ringing me and saying wow what a game, Forest look a good side

Went to the pub to join a couple of mates instead of watching the game on my own at home - got there and the landlord (who has 2 telly's) was losing all the Forest supporters who were coming out because he had decided to have Liverscum on one telly & Spurs on the other.

In the room where Liverscum were on he had 2 watching the match and 2 playing pool - I was told that at least 20/25 Forest supporters had walked out without buying a drink before we came in - more was coming in has we walked out and didn't believe us that the match wasn't on. God knows how much custom he lost on the night and how much custom in the future!!!

Saw him Thursday morning at the shops in the precinct and when he said good morning I couldn't help myself when I told him to Fuck Off.