Would A £60m Bid Be Enough To Tempt Levy? | Vital Football

Would A £60m Bid Be Enough To Tempt Levy?

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Eric Dier is filling a lot if media columns about a possible move to Manchester United but, if United put in a £60m bid would Daniel Levy`s eye light up and sanction Eric`s transfer?

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523226">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

I do actually believe that when we said we only need to sell for sporting reasons this summer we meant it.

Now we will see if that's true, my guess is that Levy won't even bother to acknowledge it - of course what we don't know is how Dier himself will react to being told that we won't even consider it.

Sneaky Mourinho will pay a premium for Dyer (if allowed), so that he can lure Deli away at a future date.
I doubt any offer will be considered because of this. Levy is no fool.

He was a massive Man Utd fan when he was a kid. Every player wants to end up playing for the team they support (especially if they are willing to double your current salary!)

I'm actually leaning the other way to Ex. I think Dier will be sold.

Matic - 17/7/2017 11:38

I'm actually leaning the other way to Ex. I think Dier will be sold.

Its certainly not out of the realms of possibility (is my comment a double negative?).

He sold walker for 50m, I have no doubt he will sell dier for 60m. If dier is a man utd fan then maybe his head will be turned.

The problem is where does dier think he belongs in the team. Is he happy being a CB that will only play when we have 3 at the back or does he want to play DM.

Mourinho wants Dier to be sat next to Pogba in CM. If you believe what people say, Dier wants to play DM more than CB. £60m is crazy money and I'm not quite sure how we have got to this point but if it is true that Dier has refused to make a fuss then you can see why Man Utd are having to go mad with money.

We would easily lose the most versatile player in our squad though and I would hate to see him leave. Plus, how do you replace him? Would we have to sign a CB or a DM? I've kind of come to the conclusion now that it doesn't matter if we have £10m or £100m to spend on players this summer - we still won't be able to attract the top level type of player we'd need to improve what we currently have.

If I were Dier I would want to go. The club you support shows an interest, they will double your salary, United actually win trophies, he will get to play in his favourite position.

The more you analyse this situation I would say it's best to sell. He isn't a CB never will be and we won't play him as number 1 DM. He is to good to be second choice DM. At his age he needs to play every week in his best position.

If you was him you would certainly want the move, if they are willing to pay £50m+ for him then he's obviously going to be first choice, he isn't guaranteed that at us.

Any footballer who is offered more money to move to a club of Man Utd's calibre would be mad to not want to make the move.

However, for our club, it would be a really stupid move to make. We'd be strengthening one of our closest rivals in the top 6. Yes, we'd have £60m to spend but we won't replace him at all. We wouldn't be able to attract a player of equal quality to Dier.

Yep. Man Utd back to trying to strike a deal for Matic now. We've given them the finger and apparently threatened to report them to the FA if they continue to unsettle despite us telling them repeatedly that there is no offer that will convince us to sell.

Our stance proves one thing... we had no problem whatsoever with selling Walker, which makes me wonder if he actually did fall out with Poch and he was pushed out.