Worst Team in History | Page 2 | Vital Football

Worst Team in History

At the start of the season I wanted us to be chasing promotion and didn’t give a shit about the sheep.

After the start we have had though I would happily take mid-table obscurity for us and relegation for them.

Would still like a late run at the pray offs but can’t see it.

There's only two likely scenarios I can see here:

1) Derby look like they are about to get relegated but get an unexpected reprieve from the season being cancelled or some other source.

2) They go down, but we go down with them.

We're Nottingham Forest and any joy or any happiness we could ever experience even at the expense of others' misery is completely unacceptable and will NEVER happen again!!

Word down here is it’s opposite it’s to placate players & won’t cost them anything

Apparently, Rooney is retiring as a player - which is even better for them, because this takes a substantial wage off the payroll - obviously, he'll be paid much less as manager, which is presumably why they've offered a 2.5 year contract.

The players still haven't been paid for December, takeover was supposed to go through this week - so, as you say - this may well placate the fears of some.

Apparently, Rooney is retiring as a player - which is even better for them, because this takes a substantial wage off the payroll - obviously, he'll be paid much less as manager, which is presumably why they've offered a 2.5 year contract.

The players still haven't been paid for December, takeover was supposed to go through this week - so, as you say - this may well placate the fears of some.

Placate the fears but also dash a hope that they were about to encounter their just desserts

Always makes me smile when the "I hate Derby" shout goes up, reminds me of a good many years ago when if you wanted to see good football you went to the old Derby ground to see a proper good side who on their day could beat just about anybody. That was in the days of 2 fullbacks, 3 halfbacks and 5 forwards, Derby at that time had probably the best forward line in the country, they were magnificent.

Ah, you lot haven't lived.