Worst Highstreet Bank? | Vital Football

Worst Highstreet Bank?

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/05/08/which-bank-was-voted-the-worst-in-britain/?ncid=webmail2

Santander have come out the worst. I'm surprised, I'm with them and have always found them very good (since they took over Abbey)

Didn`t they take over the Alliance and Leicester ?
My mother in law is with them and has never had a problem.
I`m with HSBC and have been for 30 years.Any problems i`ve had ,they`ve sorted it straight away.
It`s all about personal experiences though isn`t it .

Know what you mean Prep but as I say, never had a problem. Good mortgage rate, good current account where I get cashback, nice local bank staff (albeit a lot of them were there under Abbey as well) and decent customer phone lines.

Banks are ok as long as you don't have a problem. Barclays are ok but very reluctant to help

Been with Barclays fir over 30 years and to date not had an issue. Had problems with Barclaycard. Had problems with Halifax. Vowed never to use Halifax again after their behaviour.

HSBC once gave me £500 compo for basically nothing. I closed my account afterwards so that they could never get it back.

Lloyd's have let me live in my overdraft for about 10 years, I have had loans and credit cards no problems always helpful to me.

Midland as it was/HSBC for me. Would never move. Any problems they always sort and well. Agrees with clubpaver. Family banked with them going back generation. My uncle worked for them all of his working life, bar a break during the war when he was called up. Those were the days my Mother would say as she would tell me how it was then. He was manager at The New Street bank by the Bull ring as it used to be.

When we went in to Birmingham in school holidays my treat was being taken into the bank and up to see my Uncle and all the staff making a fuss of me and giving me sweets and money to spend in Brum. Yeah! As if that could happen now. No way.

As Mom would say in those days she had 'sister of .........' on her statements and priority given in the bank and she never had to queue and was always taken into a private room to do her banking. It has certainly changed as now we are just a number. Like anything good and bad in all changes

The worst horror stories I have heard is Santander and Lloyd's.

I have banked with Lloyds and never again, both me and my Grandad had money go missing over a period of time totally un-related, i never got my £600/700 odd back but my grandad was lucky after three years of legal fighting got his three thousend back,

I noticed it about six months too late lol i had no direct debits coming out yet there was a minus £20 odd quid here then i checked my previous statements and it was on all of them some was more £80 plus, i went into the great bridge branch and they said ''sorry we don't know where its gone'' they turned te screen round and it was just blank where it should say where it goes too? NEVER got that back for about 8 years now i have a letter saying its being dealt with in the courts pfff bollox

Trekker - 29/6/2013 11:35

Been with Barclays fir over 30 years and to date not had an issue. Had problems with Barclaycard. Had problems with Halifax. Vowed never to use Halifax again after their behaviour.

Me too i found Barclays very helpful, would not change from them, never been so happy about a bank lol they offer me help when i have not asked for it really top stuff imo

What's a bank? Keep my stash under the matress, feckers can't gamble and lose it for you then!

Thank God things have changed if you were decided a special case for priority treatment because your brother was the bank manager

SKEGGY - 29/6/2013 22:13

Thank God things have changed if you were decided a special case for priority treatment because your brother was the bank manager

Uncle and I was only a wee nipper then Skeggy so it was the rest of the family who got the priority. Yes that's how it used to work

Disgraceful and that attitude of arrogance amongst the so called bank elite has put us in the terrible situation we find now

Draig Cymraeg - 29/6/2013 09:41

I used to work in banking complaints for lloyds TSB. Surprised thats not up there to be honest.

I hate the TSB with avengence , didn't want to know when I was struggling when the kids were young , now they want to interview me for a business account ! Well they can fuck right off