Worst ever refereeing decision/non decision to ever go against us | Page 2 | Vital Football

Worst ever refereeing decision/non decision to ever go against us

Not sure if this was the worst ever but shirley David Crown didn't deserve his first (and only?) red card in this game.

Harvey Lim and their striker could have both had a yellow instead of a red but at least they both got sent off.

But then Rod Thomas gets away with the worst of the lot!

Great game though. Joey Dunne, that Beadle goal, and a win against Whitstable's team!

Another vote for Marcus Bean. Utter cheating **** and as already mentioned the way he celebrated made it even worse. Glad the sky cameras were there to show just what a cheating **** he was. That was a vital point we lost though and ultimately cost us dear which makes him an even bigger **** now than at the time.

Ashley Young diving to win a penalty in our cup game against Villa. Never liked him after that
That was the burning one for me, I remember we were sat right behind Young's run and Nutter (?) clearly opened his arms so as to emphasise he had not made contact. Cheating bastard.

The QPR diving punched goal was my other one 😡

3 blatant dives to get penalties against us that fooled the refs - Jamie Cureton at Reading in about 2004, and that horrible obnoxious shit Dougie Freedman twice - at Barnet around 95 then for Palace around 2003. Pair of bloody cheats.
Did you mean Dominic Raab instead of Dougie Freedman?

That was the burning one for me, I remember we were sat right behind Young's run and Nutter (?) clearly opened his arms so as to emphasise he had not made contact. Cheating bastard.

The QPR diving punched goal was my other one 😡

Carl Asaba getting sent off vs Colchester for being punched.

Asaba wasn't punched, it was a head but by Green. Asaba's red card was overturned by the FA on appeal when it was most unusual for them to rule against a referee. Asaba was available to play in the next game only to be sent off again. I think it was for two yellows and a clear case of the Referee's union making their point.

I was also told what Asaba had said to Green before the incident albeit I can't remember the wording now, and even if I could I wouldn't print it.

I’m still bitter about the Derby cup game being called off by Alcock in the mid-90s mainly due to one player (Asanovic?) falling over. We were all over them until it was called off at half time. By the time we got to the re-arranged fixture we had pretty much our whole frontline out.

Halsey time is tops.

I’m still bitter about the Derby cup game being called off by Alcock in the mid-90s mainly due to one player (Asanovic?) falling over. We were all over them until it was called off at half time. By the time we got to the re-arranged fixture we had pretty much our whole frontline out.

Halsey time is tops.

Paul Alcock did at least wait until enough time had passed that everyone had to pay again to see the re-arranged game. I also think he was concerned that the mountain pass at Blue Bell Hill would become un-passable and he wouldn't be able to get home.