Worst ever refereeing decision/non decision to ever go against us | Vital Football

Worst ever refereeing decision/non decision to ever go against us

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
Seeing the AV keeper clutching the ball in the side netting last night got me thinking. Putting aside "Halsey time" at Wembley what can you remember as the worst ever decision not to go our way?

I recall a Johnstones Pants game about 3 years ago against Oxford - Josh Parker shot at the RE - ball hit the underside of the crossbar went in (clearly over the line we could see it from the MS), bit similar to Hurst's second goal in 66 World Cup final. Amazingly ref waved play on. In the great scheme of things I guess it counted for sod all.

I seem to remember Marcus Bean scoring the only "goal" for QPR against us with something that was more slam dunk than best foot forward.

A goal that ultimately resulted in our relegation from the Championship if I recall it correctly.

3 blatant dives to get penalties against us that fooled the refs - Jamie Cureton at Reading in about 2004, and that horrible obnoxious shit Dougie Freedman twice - at Barnet around 95 then for Palace around 2003. Pair of bloody cheats.

No brainer. Halsey's decision to transfer Fergie time from United to City.

In normal play, iirc, many years ago, Kelvin Moton inexplicably not giving us a pen when our forward was chopped down clean through on goal (v Hereford???).

I seem to remember Marcus Bean scoring the only "goal" for QPR against us with something that was more slam dunk than best foot forward.
Beat me to it Bluenose, absolute travesty, and the way he celebrated afterwards like he scored a worldy.

Aah, but references to Kelvin Morton used to help fill the Brian Moore's Head magazine for many years, so I have a soft spot for him (no, not in quicksand).:grinning:

Do you remember when BMH gave out red cards so we could all wave them at Kelvin?!

Junior Lewis heading the ball, two defenders , the keeper and one of the ball boys into the net at the Rainham End.
Can’t remember the opposition but went home thinking, if that had have been against us.....