Worrall saves Rangers | Vital Football

Worrall saves Rangers

Ingy

Vital Football Legend
Rangers fans probably like him again now after a cool finish and good performance by the young man as he saved their cup status.

Just read the write up on the Rangers v Celtic game and Worrall gets a very poor report. On top of that he's quoted as saying that he wouldn't mind staying with Rangers.
I wonder whether our youngsters are some times over rated by fans.

they are over rated 100%

he was at fault again yesterday for the goal. hospital passes as well.

Just read the write up on the Rangers v Celtic game and Worrall gets a very poor report. On top of that he's quoted as saying that he wouldn't mind staying with Rangers.
I wonder whether our youngsters are some times over rated by fans.

I watched the Old Firm game and Worrall was poor but you have to expect that with younger players.

Perhaps Rangers fans won't afford him any patience because he's not their player and so they might expect him to play consistently well, but if we are to keep blooding through young players into our first team there has to be an element of patience and an acceptance that they are going to make mistakes.

I've noticed that Yates has started to get a bit of stick these last few weeks as his form has dipped; the same will happen with Appiah if he gets a run in the side. The only way young players will get better is by actually playing, making mistakes and learning from them but I'm not sure a lot of our fans would afford them that luxury.

I watched the Old Firm game and Worrall was poor but you have to expect that with younger players.

Perhaps Rangers fans won't afford him any patience because he's not their player and so they might expect him to play consistently well, but if we are to keep blooding through young players into our first team there has to be an element of patience and an acceptance that they are going to make mistakes.

I've noticed that Yates has started to get a bit of stick these last few weeks as his form has dipped; the same will happen with Appiah if he gets a run in the side. The only way young players will get better is by actually playing, making mistakes and learning from them but I'm not sure a lot of our fans would afford them that luxury.

Celtic are a better side than most of the Championship teams we're playing.

Worrall could have scored at the death & Rangers had 10 men.

Fully agree that young players need games, to build confidence, match fitness & hone their skills..... unless Rangers make a daft offer, he will be back playing with us next season.

Will Worrall get a chance though? I guess a lot depends on which of our centre halves stay in the summer.

Will Worrall get a chance though? I guess a lot depends on which of our centre halves stay in the summer.

Big question marks over Michael Dawson, 36 later this year & injuries have proved a real issue - he signed a 2 year deal, so only a year left.

Hefele signed a 3 year deal & Figgy a 4 year deal (both in 2018).

Milosevic & Benaloony both signed 18 month deals in January, with the latter apparently interesting other clubs.

Assuming Wague returns to Udinese, that's 3 of the 5 CH's that have just a year left on their contracts and injuries have yet again hit Forest hard in defence.

Celtic are a better side than most of the Championship teams we're playing.

Worrall could have scored at the death & Rangers had 10 men.

Fully agree that young players need games, to build confidence, match fitness & hone their skills..... unless Rangers make a daft offer, he will be back playing with us next season.

Celtic also had only ten men on the pitch at that point in the game.

The young Norwegian Center Half playing for Celtic is twice the player Worrall is; we should be making a cheeky bid before the PL sides start to take an interest.

Wozza looked very shaky yesterday. The moment got to him and he lost all focus.

Hes still better than Milosevic though

Wozza looked very shaky yesterday. The moment got to him and he lost all focus.

Hes still better than Milosevic though
He sometimes gives too much space to allow someone with pace to run at him.If he is gonna jockey then he has to show them outside and be confident he can then block crosses off.

Yes AC, agree your comments but still wonder how many of our youngsters make the grade. It doesn't seem to be many but I'm a bit out of touch so could be wrong. Hope I am. And it doesn't have to be good enough to play with us, if they are able to make a living out of football that would be a long way towards satisfaction.

I like my centre-halves to be big brutes. Quite like Martin's gruesome duo of deadly beasts who head and kick it - Benaloony and goal machine Wague.

Hopefully Joe toughens up after his spell in Scotland.