World War III | Vital Football

World War III

The far left and far right in coalition.

Looks a contradiction but you go so far left or so far right and it isn't a million miles away, just all about control and the lack of freedom of individuals.

Fascinating stuff.

Villan Of The North - 26/1/2015 12:12

CDX_EIRE - 26/1/2015 00:12

I tick all the boxes for Sinn Fein and probably the only one that I would agree with heavily at least in terms of some economic drivers... Cant be trusted though...

Somethings are very easy to tick the boxes for though... If you drew up the political watchlist like America makes its 'identify a terrorist' list you'd be putting 50% of people in the box...

ITs madness how history is again looking like it could repeat itself... Serious economic problems and the right wing fringe groups emerge and start getting bigger and bigger cuts...

I've been thinking along the same lines myself recently. Add to that a minority group "common enemy" (this time it's the Muslims rather than the jews) and the resurgance of the communist block in the east of Europe and it's all rather worrying.

Copying the above into this thread as it probably makes more sense...

Just gona start of by saying its madness if you think about how many years you have been on this planet and how many wars there have been...

Anyway as mentioned above we are again seeing the little trends of what started WW2... Economic issues and right wing parties blaming minorities... I dont think it will trigger a global conflict or that war will even break out but its something to be wary of... Although you have to remember they said after WW1 that another conflict couldnt happen again...

Aside from a resource war triggering a conflict, its Russia and NATO which would be most likely in my eyes but from listening to some stuff I follow its more likely that it would another cold war...

NATO has guaranteed that it will go to war if certain countries are attacked but if those countries are invaded by Russia what then? At the end of the day all Russia has done is invaded a country its NATO that has to declare war... Russia incorporating a people who want to become Russians again is not an act of war... Russia sits on the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons and a gangster is in control of the launch button...

War is a business and there are people out there who want to go to war...

[youtube=5vYdyrvuXW0]

That's my point in a way CDX, these little factions pop up and then become an aid to the bigger problem, Russia say ,back them & become allies etc, I hope very much that it doesn't trigger anything, but all wars have a point in history where it starts with a wheel in motion.

Maybe there is less of a risk of a full blown global war because the US are so much better militarized than any other nation on the planet whereas in both WWI & WW2 there was less so. That said, America stepped in and tipped both wars in our favour fighting on endless fronts (reluctantly it must be said).

The world seems to be entering a very unstable patch, slightly worrying.

CDX_EIRE - 26/1/2015 14:21

I've been thinking along the same lines myself recently. Add to that a minority group "common enemy" (this time it's the Muslims rather than the jews) and the resurgance of the communist block in the east of Europe and it's all rather worrying.

Yes, been saying and thinking the same. Even 'light' parties like UKIP, it's where these things start. France now has a growing right wing element and then you had the Germans the other week marching against Muslims... Haven't they - of all people - learned their lesson yet?

Well if you ask me we'd all be far better off if the world was just made up of 1 superior Aryan race, but I can't see that ever catching on....

thefacehead - 26/1/2015 14:58

The world seems to be entering a very unstable patch, slightly worrying.

Yaah I dont think the average joe recognises how fragile what we have is... The more complex we get the more fragile our system becomes even the slightest threat could fuck us up never mind a war...

In terms of Russia most of what I spew came in the podcast Common Sense by Dan Carlin... In 'Poking the Bear' he just went into great lengths about a lot obvious stuff... Since the fall of wall the US has slowly encircled Russia and sought to undermine the country in affairs around its boarders... How would you expect them to react when you put 100s of nuclear missile silos in the region when they were vulnerable and going through a transition...

Russia have a real masculine society dont they? Isnt that why Putin has cultivated this image of a 'mans man'... So his culture means he cant back down too often or the country see him as weak... Vicious circle they provoke Russia and Russia doesnt back down then it keeps going...

-------

The far right stuff is madness and you would think some of these countries have learned alright... I just dont understand it, does it take people with a certain amount of brain cells to rise above it? Some definitely just use it for their own gain I would guess there are people out there who arent racist but use it to control things...
I remember someone commenting that it will take Aliens or a cataclysmic disaster for us to transcend race and religion...

Don't think there has ever been a time in mankind's history when there hasn't been fighting and wars really. As others have said above, no one seems to learn from history.

You only have to see the Afghanistan situation to realise that.

And yet we live in an age with the lowest rate of war ever known. The only thing that has increased is terrorism. State versus State seems to be less prevalent, but small, splinter groups can cause unrest.

Our job is to not let them.

Merkel getting all arsey is always entertaining. Germany we failed in two wars but by jingo we'll rule Europe someway

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 26/1/2015 16:21

And yet we live in an age with the lowest rate of war ever known. The only thing that has increased is terrorism. State versus State seems to be less prevalent, but small, splinter groups can cause unrest.

Our job is to not let them.

A calm before the storm perhaps........

I was thinking about it yesterday, has there ever been a point in human history where there was no conflict?

I think about my life time; gulf war, balkan wars, African civil wars, war on terrorism in middle east, Russia and Georgia, Russia and Ukraine etc.

Resource wars could be next on the list, China keeps sending planes into Japanese territory over disputed islands... That area is one which could go sour if things arent resolved... Chinese and Japanese relations arent exactly good then you toss Korea into the mix and Russia in dispute over other islands with Japan...

Skeggy and me are ok, we've both got massive guns...

:128:

Different sorts of wars these days though Heathfield? You don't have to have lambs to the slaughter like WW1, a lot of it is drones, technology etc

The Fear - 26/1/2015 16:07

Don't think there has ever been a time in mankind's history when there hasn't been fighting and wars really. As others have said above, no one seems to learn from history.

You only have to see the Afghanistan situation to realise that.

Some countries find it impossible to govern themselves after 'libralisation' Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya all chaotic places right now. It's a sign of the times.

Don't think there ever will be a proper war again, like WWI & II. Too much at stake nowadays and with technology, the way it is advancing will be all console like fighting with Drones being used to fight and eventually the pressing of the proverbial red button and the start of mutually assured destruction.

Could of wrote so much more but was just a quick summary. Essentially we'll just get blown to high hell if it comes to it.

agreed thefacehead... what annoys me is that we have managed to leave power vacuums in several places after several campaigns and seem to totally refuse to learn from history.

The only conclusion then is that there is no profit in peace.

Which is a very sad conclusion.

How does Iniesta know it is a red button?

best watch him like a hawk lads... be very careful, 'they' are bloody everywhere!

Iniesta - 26/1/2015 16:35

Don't think there ever will be a proper war again, like WWI & II. Too much at stake nowadays and with technology, the way it is advancing will be all console like fighting with Drones being used to fight and eventually the pressing of the proverbial red button and the start of mutually assured destruction.

Could of wrote so much more but was just a quick summary. Essentially we'll just get blown to high hell if it comes to it.

I get that but they said the same after WW1 they thought it would never happen again...

thefacehead - 26/1/2015 16:30

Some countries find it impossible to govern themselves after 'libralisation' Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya all chaotic places right now. It's a sign of the times.

Said it in a different thread that the reason some of these 'nations' cant govern themselves is due to split in religion... Islam as most should know is split like Christianity it has a couple of majors groups and then smaller followings...

I believe after WW1 and the collapse of the Ottoman empire, France and the UK created the likes of Iraq but created them in such a way that they would unstable... The UK had a talent for making countries unstable, you take the largest minority sect and put them in charge...
Its a controversial thought but in places like Iraq it takes an iron fist to stop conflict between the people... I have seen it mentioned that Iraq has three distinction peoples and those 3 want their own nation... The Kurds in the north and then Sunni and Shiites...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ayub-nuri/iraq-split-three-countries_b_5508207.html

SKEGGY - 26/1/2015 16:21

Merkel getting all arsey is always entertaining. Germany we failed in two wars but by jingo we'll rule Europe someway

If it was possible for any comment ever to be more than 100% true, this would be it. Those Aryan genes and the need to rule runs to their very core.