World Cup Qualifying Draw | Page 2 | Vital Football

World Cup Qualifying Draw

Very well said Hull.

And absolutely fair enough that Middle East area could get to stage a World Cup, but Qatar must be ranked as one of the worst from that region.
UAE would have been the far more reasonable choice, or even the Saudis at a pinch (although they come with a bunch of objections of their own of course).

Egypt must have a good case one day too. Often qualify. And if they did ever host it, would be fun to see the Faroes qualify@!!

And absolutely fair enough that Middle East area could get to stage a World Cup, but Qatar must be ranked as one of the worst from that region.
UAE would have been the far more reasonable choice, or even the Saudis at a pinch (although they come with a bunch of objections of their own of course).

Egypt must have a good case one day too. Often qualify. And if they did ever host it, would be fun to see the Faroes qualify@!!

I think a shared world cup would have made far more sense. If they could do it for Japan and South Korea they certainly could for the middle East.

I think it's 8 or 9 stadiums for Qatar in total!

Edit - I think the population is about the 3M mark for context.

I think a shared world cup would have made far more sense. If they could do it for Japan and South Korea they certainly could for the middle East.

I think it's 8 or 9 stadiums for Qatar in total!

Edit - I think the population is about the 3M mark for context.

Population surprised me so had a look, seems only about 10% of that number are actual Qataris, other 90% is mostly imported labour, I guess to do everything for the 10%.
Hmmm.

Most World Cups this Century have simply passed me by, and I was over Ingerrlund losing to Croatia 🇭🇷 5 mins after it had ended, even though we overachieved in reaching the semis.

Couldn’t really care less about this group which looks easy enough. I suppose I’ll have the games on, hopefully Phil Foden will get more time on the pitch than he does at City 😩