World Cup Qualifying Draw | Vital Football

World Cup Qualifying Draw

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Can't see this anywhere else on here but if any are interested England have been drawn against :-

Poland
Hungary
Albania
Andorra
San Marino

Should be routine qualification with only really Poland threatening that

Old friends Poland and San Marino. Can't remember playing the other three in qualifying groups in my lifetime.

Hungary we played in qualifying for Spain 82. I remember that purely for a Trevor Brooking goal where the ball stuck in the stanchion
Oh yes, that was a corker. First time I'd seen that happen. I remembered the goal, not the opponents.

Can't see this anywhere else on here but if any are interested England have been drawn against :-

Poland
Hungary
Albania
Andorra
San Marino

Should be routine qualification with only really Poland threatening that

A quick tour round some of the European countries whose governments are slowly but steadily killing democracy... and San Marino...

I have absolutely no idea what's going on with international football any more.

Well you have the proper qualifying groups which don't seem to matter as much anymore. All the top countries always qualify irrespective of results just so they're always in every tournament finals.
And then you have the Nations League where you play all the qualifiers again and then all the failed teams can still qualify anyway.
And then we'll have a finals that's not played as a finals but played in every country and will be the 2020 finals still even though they'll be the 2021 finals.
And then we'll have the 2022 World Cup held in a tiny country that's never played football before, where every player will collapse in the 45° heat, where slaves will have built all the pointless stadia, but where they did have many more millions than anyone else to donate to the retirement funds of Messieurs Platini & Blatter.
Marvellous!

Well you have the proper qualifying groups which don't seem to matter as much anymore. All the top countries always qualify irrespective of results just so they're always in every tournament finals.
And then you have the Nations League where you play all the qualifiers again and then all the failed teams can still qualify anyway.
And then we'll have a finals that's not played as a finals but played in every country and will be the 2020 finals still even though they'll be the 2021 finals.
And then we'll have the 2022 World Cup held in a tiny country that's never played football before, where every player will collapse in the 45° heat, where slaves will have built all the pointless stadia, but where they did have many more millions than anyone else to donate to the retirement funds of Messieurs Platini & Blatter.
Marvellous!
Sounds fantastic and clear as mud!

Qatar have joined the group that only had 5 teams in it. They have qualified as hosts but they need the practice .

At most finals countries are desperate to avoid being plonked in the host nation's group. I expect the opposite will be true for this one.

If Qatar get made a seeded team when they shouldn't even be anywhere near any football tournament, let alone a World Cup Finals, then it will be further farce heaped upon farce.

If Qatar get made a seeded team when they shouldn't even be anywhere near any football tournament, let alone a World Cup Finals, then it will be further farce heaped upon farce.
I didn't mind Russia getting a world cup so much as they are a large country with a footballing history that had never hosted the finals. Even allowing for Putin and some doubts about the process; at the time they were awarded it I don't think you could argue against it being their turn for an opportunity.

With hindsight and some of the Putin activities since, I may not have been so laissez-faire.

Qatar is just a disgrace and has been a FIFA cesspit from beginning to end. Personally I will be boycotting watching the finals on TV as a protest at how it was awarded and especially the horrendous abuse and exploitation of the people involved in building the stadiums.

It won't make a jot of difference but at least my conscience will be clear.

Qatar will be seeded so that they play the first match. It's what they have done for the last few tournaments.

I didn't mind Russia getting a world cup so much as they are a large country with a footballing history that had never hosted the finals. Even allowing for Putin and some doubts about the process; at the time they were awarded it I don't think you could argue against it being their turn for an opportunity.

With hindsight and some of the Putin activities since, I may not have been so laissez-faire.

Qatar is just a disgrace and has been a FIFA cesspit from beginning to end. Personally I will be boycotting watching the finals on TV as a protest at how it was awarded and especially the horrendous abuse and exploitation of the people involved in building the stadiums.

It won't make a jot of difference but at least my conscience will be clear.

Very well said Hull.