World Cup or Promotion? | Page 2 | Vital Football

World Cup or Promotion?

Would you rather England won the World Cup or Lincoln won promotion next season?

• England win the world cup

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Lincoln get promoted

Votes: 51 77.3%

• Total voters
No contest - Imps promotion. Still follow England but we've gone 52 years since winning a WC. Not going to get depressed if we don't win this year, plus there's the 'Premiership overpaid prima donnas' element so not going to get too excited by it all.

If the question is which would I prefer or which is most likely? The answer is the same. UTI

I'd take both, but the chances of England winning the World Cup must be pretty slim. Good luck to any traveling!
Has to be more chance of the Imps gaining promotion to League 1 and I wouldn't have been saying that a few seasons ago. :)

Chances of England winning The World Cup are about as likely as non league team beating a Premier League team and getting through to the quarter finals of The FA Cup!

Oh hang on :hmmm:

There is no comparison
Getting Promotion to L1 would be great but something I expect in the next season or two.
Winning the World Cup would be one of the best days of our lives and something I have given up of ever expecting in my lifetime.

Winning a World Cup is a once in a lifetime experience, sorry but it has to be that over a promotion we could easily get the season after.

If the question was World Cup but we never get promoted again then the answer is obvious, promotion.

i love the world cup, but not that bothered by england. In fact finding new ways to be so bad and the post mortems is always entertaining.... England scoring a last minute goal against Germany to win the final or Luke waterfall heading in a rocket header in the dying minutes to almost secure a playoff spot.. no question which one is more exciting.

Astounded the England vote is as high as 26%, on a lower league forum. Would expect it to be fairly high on a big clubs forum with the amount of arm chair fans that follow but nothing imo comes close to that bond between man and club for those that actually go and I do go to watch England now and again. Club before county everytime for me.

The question isn't actually do you have more affinity with your local club or the overpaid players of the national side but would you prefer the once in a lifetime event of England winning the World Cup or Lincoln winning a promotion which we did last season, got close to this season and we know will get even closer to next season.

The question isn't actually do you have more affinity with your local club or the overpaid players of the national side but would you prefer the once in a lifetime event of England winning the World Cup or Lincoln winning a promotion which we did last season, got close to this season and we know will get even closer to next season.

Sorry but we don't know anything of the sort, we hope we'll be in with a shout but right now we've lost arguably our best player and signed just one. You have to take promotion when it comes, however it comes. The question is either or, you can't have both by choosing England on the basis that we will do soon anyway, we might not, you don't what's round the corner.

Imps promoted for me, but England winning the World Cup would be much more of a shock and amazing for the country as a whole.

We should be closer next year for sure with all the backing and investment. If not we will have to look for a new manager.

Yeah right!

Danny and Nicky can stay here for the rest of their career as far as I am concerned even if we have an off season or two (which in the greater scheme of things will always happen). That's because they are born winners and have the intelligence and acumen to get the best out of what they have most of the time.