World Cup 2018 | Page 102 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018

I noticed the tannoy system had oasis "don't look back in anger " at the end . Was that for the celebratory croats or for the suicidal england fans , confused villa fan here

For England to get this far they had to play near 90-100% in every game which they more or less did but they still had periods in every game where they lacked focus and direction on the pitch which left them vulnerable.

Yes, they did get further than I thought they would so provided the players and particularly the manager has learnt from it then it isn't all bad news.

Well it's better than going out to Iceland in total embarassment , but we do lack a bit of stardust. Someone like Gazza would have revelled in that formation , but we lack real to quality in the final third.

Croatia are a really good side make no mistake , but France will walk the final on Sunday , and they had better as I have them in the sweepstake at work.

The other good news from Northampton is that the potential 57 year old streaker has postponed the planned World Cup winning streak phew :wagging:. His teenage daughters are currently in the process of writing thank you letters to the Croatian team.:wahey:

Mike, I think Southgate is a quick learner. The best manager since Sir Bobby
At his age, he clearly is - I can't call if he can learn what he needs to, nor if the current squad can though.

If we can, this will be a good moment in history. If not, we go nowhere despite the FA's best efforts to fuck with club football to whore the International dream.

If it doesn't work out, at some point I'd like to see Southgate "come home" and work with our set up and nurturing a balance of youth and experience down B6. As a man he seems a top bloke and someone we could all look up to .

Did I say people were not allowed to get excited . No

Not a football fan?. Shove it mate. Get off your high horse.
I'm allowed to be a realist and to temper my feelings as much as you are to get over excited
My comments were more directed at Keane to be honest only on tv because of his always-miserable shtick. I thought calling him a twat twice made it clear but apologies if it didn’t. I did think about editing it in case you took offence but then either couldn’t be bothered or forgot

The best thing from this tournament has to be that Southgate has killed off the dinosaurs just like that meteor strike a long time ago . So please join a queue and fuck off

Allardyce
Pardew
Warnock
Moyes
Etc etc

Nah (as much of this thread shows)
a couple of draws or heaven help us defeats and Southgate will be a hopeless twat who's 'tactically naive' again.
and it'll be bring back El Tel or fat sam or the latest foreign fad - so sad.

We have f*ck all players who are outstanding - that's it really.
And young players will barely get a game unless loaned out to lower prem teams.

Ah well it's be back to club football and f*ck Internationals I'd rather win the rumbelows cup than England do well mentality

My comments were more directed at Keane to be honest only on tv because of his always-miserable shtick. I thought calling him a twat twice made it clear but apologies if it didn’t. I did think about editing it in case you took offence but then either couldn’t be bothered or forgot

Thanks for clearing it up David. Things get lost in translation on here sometimes. Actually many times!. My bad aswell. Should have clarified it first. Lesson learnt . Everydays a school day.