World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment | Page 16 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018 Fred sponsored by Unfounded Optimism followed by Abject Disappointment

I wasn’t convinced with Southgate at first, but, I like the system, and I like the passion, I’m sold.

Thought he took too long to make the changes - Dele Alli & Sterling should have been withdrawn much earlier, Alli had a knock, but Sterling was woeful - no end product & should not start next game(s).

Also, thought Young was poor & hope he plays Rose, a left footed player next!

Still - nice to start with a win, Belgium looked very good!

I wasn't overly impressed with Belgium, OKD. Panama held firm in the first half but looked shattered in the second. Belgium picked them off without ever really going up a gear.

Tunisia will be a better test for them and I think we'll make light work of Panama. Would be nice to go into that last game against Belgium not needing a result.

I wasn't overly impressed with Belgium, OKD. Panama held firm in the first half but looked shattered in the second. Belgium picked them off without ever really going up a gear.

Tunisia will be a better test for them and I think we'll make light work of Panama. Would be nice to go into that last game against Belgium not needing a result.

Exactly, they never went up a gear - so much more in the tank & De Bruyn's pass/cross for Lukaku's 1st goal was fantastic.

1st games at WC are always nervy - Belgium won 3-0 without really breaking sweat.

Tunisia need at least a point - so will do the same against them, which will be a good yardstick.

I just hope we aren't complacent against Panama.

I was pleasantly surprised last night. They were cutting Tunisia apart early doors, and could have been 3-0 up 15 minutes in. Other than the penalty Tunisia never really threatened, and I felt they had quite a cynical game plan to break Englands rythm, which the ref turned a blind eye too all game - he was poor.
Obviously I'm not expecting miracles from this team, but I'm just happy to see them play some attacking football and show a bit of desire last night.
Agreed Sterling was poor and offered nothing. Kanes only two significant touches were scoring two goals, but then they don't get more significant than that!

Have we really got nobody else to turn to other than Ashley Young? His shit. And agree with the remarks about Sterling. He’s ball greedy and has precious little end product. I also thought Trippier looked useful.

Damn those foreign cheats!

Hand of god, 2x disallowed goals for sol Campbell and now this, just to include the highlights. Think there is form for this and not just smoke. That's just the way it is in international football.

Generation failures would have capitulated last night so full credit to manager and team. Ali got injured but was doing the business for the first 20mins. Lingaard did miss a sitter and I think we have better but did link up play well. Young is the only one I don't want to see play again. Seen more than enough.

The penalty mentally fooked us, as it would, but full credit for keeping going.

Interested to see how le Belgians deal with Tunisia- tempers could flare. Sure I was not the only one thinking thank fook Rooney is not playing.

Have we really got nobody else to turn to other than Ashley Young? His shit. And agree with the remarks about Sterling. He’s ball greedy and has precious little end product. I also thought Trippier looked useful.

WELL HAVE WE!

Actually we do. Please play Danny rose instead. Don't like sterling but not quite as bad as some people are saying imo again, linked the play and harried from the front.

I enjoy reading about the England players on here even though they don't seem to be that good in general. The thing that's beginning to make me think is that there's not much mention of other players to take the place of the men who aren't doing too well.

Is this because we're short of better players or is it something else ?

Hand of god, 2x disallowed goals for sol Campbell and now this, just to include the highlights. Think there is form for this and not just smoke. That's just the way it is in international football.

Generation failures would have capitulated last night so full credit to manager and team. Ali got injured but was doing the business for the first 20mins. Lingaard did miss a sitter and I think we have better but did link up play well. Young is the only one I don't want to see play again. Seen more than enough.

The penalty mentally fooked us, as it would, but full credit for keeping going.

Interested to see how le Belgians deal with Tunisia- tempers could flare. Sure I was not the only one thinking thank fook Rooney is not playing.

Don't forget Fat Franks goal that never was in 2010

The Hand of God one is definitely my favourite; so wrong, yet so right.

I enjoy reading about the England players on here even though they don't seem to be that good in general. The thing that's beginning to make me think is that there's not much mention of other players to take the place of the men who aren't doing too well.

Is this because we're short of better players or is it something else ?

That's because they are not that good in general; the one thing they have in their favour is that they want to play for each other, and that counts for a lot.

You have to go back a long way to find an England side who played for each other.

Playing for each other used to be half the battle mao, and it's good to hear. Does this mean though that we're lacking something in the rest of it ? Like ability for example.

Playing for each other used to be half the battle mao, and it's good to hear. Does this mean though that we're lacking something in the rest of it ? Like ability for example.

Depends how u look at it. Football is a team game orf not an individual one as u point out. Sweden achieved 3rd with very little ability.