World Athletic Championships | Vital Football

World Athletic Championships

thefacehead

Vital Football Hero
Anyone interested? I love athletics, hopefully Bolt will be that cheat Gatlin, cheats should be banned for life, only way to discourage them, no second chances, boom!

How fit are the female shot putters? :10:

I dip in and out of athletics. I'd like to dip in and out of some of the... I'll stop there!

Yes, interested, but no, not been watching as yet this time.

Mo won the 10'000, I watched that, he's different gravy to the rest, the commentator thinks he's on the cusp of being the greatest ever long distance runner and really who's to argue?

I used to watch the athletics on the Beeb, but I seem to of drifted away from it over the last few years. I mean, I was here in Indonesia when the London Olympics were on and the only televised stuff was bloody badminton - because Indonesia isn't too bad at that apparently.

But it's good to read the 'Brits' are doing well. And Bolt is in a different league and clean (I hope).

Felt so sorry for that Katarina Johnson-Thompson (not related to either Michael Johnson or Daley Thompson, lol) she messed up the long jump in the Heptathlon so was out of the running, but the rules say she HAS to carry on because she is competing in the long jump when all she wants to do is pull out to better prepare for the long jump.

Typical bureaucracy from idiots in suits with no common sense!

Yes she is an unbelievable competitor, fantastic, well done girl you have done your country so proud once again!!

Gatlin ran 9.76 in the first heat didnt he? Poor in the final, but well done to Bolt, great run from him and De Grasse did well too, he's one for the future.

Yes he did, but when there was someone there who could challenge him the pressure got to him, fantastic for the sport.

And a well done also goes to Greg Rutherford who has won the World Long Jump Gold Medal.

So now he has the set - Olympic, European, Commonwealth and World golds. Well done sir.

Bolt is just super human! Fair play to him. Great athlete, great ambassador, great character. Can't help but love him!

He was pumping his chest before he even crossed the line! hahaha! Have it Gaitlin you fcuking scummer!

Brilliant run by Bolt how the hell does he get those long legs to pump so quick over 100m incredible achievement far better suited to 200 as shown how easily he won it.

The problem is that athletics is now so dirty, that even with someone like Usain Bolt there is still that niggling doubt in the back of all our minds.... will he get found out as a drug cheat 6 years down the line?

Such a shame, coz if he is clean then he's just remarkable, but these days there has to be a question mark over every single one of them, especially when they just rip up the record books like Bolt has done.

DeanoVilla - 27/8/2015 15:43

The problem is that athletics is now so dirty, that even with someone like Usain Bolt there is still that niggling doubt in the back of all our minds.... will he get found out as a drug cheat 6 years down the line?

Such a shame, coz if he is clean then he's just remarkable, but these days there has to be a question mark over every single one of them, especially when they just rip up the record books like Bolt has done.

The irony is that someone like Gatlin is now running faster than he ever did when he was on drugs. The sport is tainted no doubt, BUT we must have faith in athletes that have never tested positive, the same with our cyclists, Wiggins and Froome have dominated the Tour de France recently, we hope upon hope that they are clean, but there are ways around testing and unfortunately we can never 100% truly know, such is the damage that has been done.

That said the percentage of British athletes that test positive is far lower than most countries, or so I have read in recent years.