Work hard and win the game | Page 9 | Vital Football

Work hard and win the game

If he is sacked then surely the recruitment team has to go as well. We need a manager who is allowed to have first and last say on all transfers.

SL has not got a clue , must knowledgeable Trickies figured that out last January. Since then he continues to make the same mistakes and

Jan to end of season was bad - agreed.
SL knew it wasn’t good enough and has changed 70% of his 1st team. I don’t think anyone disagrees with most of his chosen players.

How much sense does it make to change him now and potentially write off another season?

Realistically if we get shot then whoever comes in gets no new players as window shuts Monday

are we likely to get someone to agree to that?

Realistically if we get shot then whoever comes in gets no new players as window shuts Monday

are we likely to get someone to agree to that?
I think so. The squad is decent, and we could get more cash if they sell Figs and Ribs before Monday, if the Benny rumours are true that's more money in and wages freed up
They have still got to figure out Hefe, Clough, Da Costa and Bong.

Time for a winger and i hope a Silva replacement

Thoughts on today:

Fray and Laws stressed pre-match the importance of who scored first – after 2 minutes, Ioannou perfect cross, Mighten good header, Marshall somehow touched it onto the bar. Turning point right there.

Ioannou maybe not so good for their goals, but basically a back four who’d hardly had time to say hello. Forest very poor defensively for 20 minutes, Dawson roaming the touchline seemed to concentrate minds and we improved slightly. 2-0 down should have buried us.

Wonder strike by Freeman got us back into it, but Ameobi had an off day and Blackett was poor first half. Mighten kept being cynically fouled but the ref was slow to get the yellow cards out.

Forest didn’t lie down. Second half we should have at least equalised – more heroics by their keeper, Grabban put a header wide, several good blocks by defenders which only produced corners from goalbound shots. We could also have conceded a third on the break – one superb save by Samba late on.

I thought Blackett improved as the game went on – and Sow, after looking like he was after an instant red, settled down and added weight to our attacks. Christie showed class with that run and shot. If we weren’t pointless after 4 games, and if we’d got the draw we deserved, I’d say well done.