Woodyard | Page 2 | Vital Football

Woodyard

Critical player for us,plays the way DC asks him to and is a far better footballer than we are currently seeing.(breaking up play and mopping up threats is duty work for him for 90 minutes)...under orders.
As some say on here (nlondonimp included) Alex Woodyard playing with better players would really look a class apart and not easily replaced so for me a non sale item.
One thing LCFC is not short of is money thanks to Clive Nates and his associates.
DC has trouble spending funds,collecting cash is easy but putting a promotion side together is a tough task.

Agree with everything, except about being short of money. The 250k trading loss is not great.

The most successful clubs are those that sell smart and buy even smarter.

Best midfielder we’ve had since Peter Gain by some distance and integral to how we play. Seems to be very under appreciated by a few now. Would not want to lose myself.

Agree he’s been our best midfielder since Gain by a country mile. In fact, those two would be the easiest picks for my all-time Imps XI (I’ve been going since 1991).

That doesn’t stop me looking at the bigger picture though, and if we could get a hefty 6 figure fee (£300-500k) with a year to go on his contract, I think that would represent excellent business for the club.

Don't get me wrong I do rate Woodyard and he plays a vital role in the side and his looped cross set up the winner v Colchester showed, its just I'd like to see him doing more of this and shoot more often when the opportunity arises instead playing it square or worse still backwards .
I know he's playing as told to but sometimes I'd just like him play a bit more off the cuff like his fantastic showing v Carlisle when he scored from outside the area and scored an equally good second .

Hello, my name is Leo Fortune-West, I am a former Lincoln city legend and if I was Lincoln manager I would not let him leave.
You know what guys? This has convinced me to sack the Cowley’s off and replace them. They’re just not Lincoln legends like this guy. What have they even done for the club? ???

Surely we wouldn’t let him go without a fight and will offer him a new contract if a team has triggered his release clause?

I think, if the release clause is triggered, Woody himself might decide its time to move on to a club that plays a bit more football in midfield and has a home pitch that isn't as narrow and bobbly as ours.

It would be a shame if that is so, and I don't think he would even consider it if we got promotion. However, if he does go, I hope it proves to be a step forward for him - and not a step back as it has been with Sean Raggett. That is the lottery he is facing.

I think, if the release clause is triggered, Woody himself might decide its time to move on to a club that plays a bit more football in midfield and has a home pitch that isn't as narrow and bobbly as ours.

It would be a shame if that is so, and I don't think he would even consider it if we got promotion. However, if he does go, I hope it proves to be a step forward for him - and not a step back as it has been with Sean Raggett. That is the lottery he is facing.
I genuinely believe he is as good as he's going to get, so if we only have 12 months left on his deal with little sign of re-comitting then cashing in makes perfect sense. I'm not saying we won't miss him but he is replaceable.

Every player has there price and he is replaceable hopefully another player of the same calibre is lined up to fill the void. One thing for sure is players will be watched on the back of succcess

Just cos said team have triggered the clause doesn't mean he will go to them as with Luton in January.
It merely means they can speak to him.