Woodyard | Vital Football

Woodyard

Be good to retain him. But want to see more impact from him. Very busy player but needs to improve passing. I Amy be harsh here as I've only seen him play in about 5-6 games this season but that's my impression.

He is the NGola Kante of the National League but he is also the son of DC. He will go where DC goes

Stevie_imp - 8/2/2017 21:08

Be good to retain him. But want to see more impact from him. Very busy player but needs to improve passing. I Amy be harsh here as I've only seen him play in about 5-6 games this season but that's my impression.
In what sense? Goals and assists? That's not what he does.

????????

One of the best players we have had here for 30 years.

Skip155 - 8/2/2017 21:16

Gaz_Imp - 8/2/2017 20:57

Impartiality - 8/2/2017 20:52

I rather suspect his extension maybe the news the AGM letter mentioned.

Hope so!

I might have 'filed' that letter. What did it say re news?

I can't remember the exact wording as also filed the letter 9in the bin) It was something along the lines of there would be an announcement after the AGM.

Luke Imp - 8/2/2017 21:15

As I've said I could be wrong here as I've only seen him live in person 3 or 4 times and then some more on tv. I was stunned at his work ethic at Woking and voted him MOTM. But since then recognised his maximum effort but noted as a midfielder, what feed he gave the forwards and have watched some sloppy or poor passes. I may be way too harsh. He harried well. Season ticket holders will have a much better opinion than I.

What sort of contract would you suggest ? A year to see if he cuts it at FL level? Hopefully we will see.

Scotimp - 8/2/2017 21:24

????????

One of the best players we have had here for 30 years.

I echo your comments Scotimp, a fantastic player, the man covers every blade of grass. Lucky to have him and to keep him. :clappy:

I've read some nonsense on here but this tops the lot.

Agree with ScotImp and johnolbe.

Stevie_imp - 8/2/2017 21:27

As I've said I could be wrong here as I've only seen him live in person 3 or 4 times and then some more on tv. I was stunned at his work ethic at Woking and voted him MOTM. But since then recognised his maximum effort but noted as a midfielder, what feed he gave the forwards and have watched some sloppy or poor passes. I may be way too harsh. He harried well. Season ticket holders will have a much better opinion than I.

What sort of contract would you suggest ? A year to see if he cuts it at FL level? Hopefully we will see.

Woodyard would slot right into most L1 teams let alone will he cut it at L2. I don't think I am overstating how good the lad is.

Stevie_imp - 8/2/2017 21:27

2-year deal. He had 15 offers in the summer from NL Clubs (FGR and Tranmere being two) and higher spending Conference South teams. He's that good at this level, you'd easily be able to get rid if he didn't cut it at the FL, although I think he would step up.

He's one of those who you'd not really notice in isolated viewing because he's not a flair type player or one that'll do something outrageous. Over a period of games in succession, you realise just how good a player at this level he is. As an earlier post, he's basically our Kante. His tackling and interception stats must be through the roof.

I think he's actually quite an infectious player, and that's helped Power in-particular. Similar to how Suarez seemed to aid Liverpool in terms of his work-rate.

If you're looking for assists and goals, that's not him.