Wood | Vital Football

Wood

Gaz_Imp

Vital Football Hero
Seems to have caused the Cowleys a problem, all be it a good one. Should we persist with signing a midfielder or keep Wood in there and perhaps sign a right back?

Surely a prerequisite of any midfielder is they can match Wood for energy and running? At this team in the season it might be easier to find a decent right back than a high energy midfielder?

But then we also have Power and Miles who can come in.

If only we could clone him!

Agreed. I'd be looking for right-back given that Wood performed pretty competently in the mid-field last season as well.

Bradley's performance level and versatility give us options that will become even more valuable as the season progresses and injuries/suspensions kick in. For such a combative player, he doesn't get that many cards...he is quite cute at recognising the tackles he cannot make.

If ever there was a "Cowley player", it's Wood: high energy, pacy, committed and fearless.

If Collins from the Indian League is immediately available, and he fits the bill - would go for him and put Woody back to full back - on the other hand if there is a decent right back around sign him and keep Woody in midfield.

Got a very good pedigree - comes from Yorkshire and came through the ranks at Huddersfield Town - what more could you wish for?

Collins has certainly played at a decent level. I don't know much about him style wise though, does he have the energy to play the way Cowley likes? He is 30 now and spent last half a season in India. Have to trust Cowley if he dies go for him though, signings so far have been spot on.

Gaz_Imp - 10/8/2016 10:29

Collins has certainly played at a decent level. I don't know much about him style wise though, does he have the energy to play the way Cowley likes? He is 30 now and spent last half a season in India. Have to trust Cowley if he dies go for him though, signings so far have been spot on.

I do hope he doesn't die Gaz :grin:

jal jal - 10/8/2016 11:31

Gaz_Imp - 10/8/2016 10:29

I do hope he doesn't die Gaz :grin:

Maybe a ghostly RB is what we need ! He would play with plenty of spirit.
UTI.

I think we need to be trying to tie Wood down with a new contract, there will be plenty of league clubs sniffing around if we're not careful.

What happened to the Higgins lad from pre-season? Still available? My mate said he looked decent.

Liked the look of Higgins - saw him play a couple of times and difficult to assess his defending capabilities because of the quality of the opposition - but looked good going forward

The question to ask is: in which position does Wood offer the most to the team?

At the moment, it has to be midfield. I have a feeling he can score goals too, which is something we haven't really had from a midfielder for too long.

Find a right back.