Wonder Save By Lincoln City Goalkeeper Paul Farman | Vital Football

Wonder Save By Lincoln City Goalkeeper Paul Farman

Good movement from the front post across his goal with fast feet. Then a very good "collapse dive" for anyone familiar with the three types of goalkeeping dives. He couldn't have done any more than that. Very well done.

I would suggest that if the attacker had directed the ball back across the goal instead of down the middle, that he would have struggled to have got it. But that's not Farmo's problem so good save.

Not so long ago people were calling for him to be dropped. Goalkeepers take time to develop and mature. Patience is paying off in spades now!

martonimp - 4/11/2015 15:04

Not so long ago people were calling for him to be dropped. Goalkeepers take time to develop and mature. Patience is paying off in spades now!
They also make mistakes.This video is something those slating them should keep in mind! I reckon each of our more recent keepers has had a sticky start or a bad spell, Farman is showing how that patience can be rewarded. Even if we lose him in January we might just make a few bob.

plumbob - 4/11/2015 18:12

They also make mistakes.This video is something those slating them should keep in mind! I reckon each of our more recent keepers has had a sticky start or a bad spell, Farman is showing how that patience can be rewarded. Even if we lose him in January we might just make a few bob.

I would be very surprised if Farmon is on the radar of anyone with money to spend. He has improved a lot over the last year but if he hadn't he would be playing Sunday league by now.

Another Holdsworth signing. DH got a massive amount of stick but on a very limited budget (almost certainly smaller than we have now), managed to unearth some gems. Oliver and Boyce put around 50k into our very empty bank account; Miller has gone on to establish himself at league 2 level. He even got Power playing well for more than 2 games in a row!!

Do still wonder what might have been if Mr Matt Rhead hadn't broken our hearts in the 93rd minute in the FA Cup. A hat-trick at whitehawk would go some way to alleviating the pain I still feel from that missed opportunity.

DH was much maligned. Personally I liked him, honest straight talking fella and a long long way from being the worst manager we've had!

79imp - 4/11/2015 20:37

Another Holdsworth signing. DH got a massive amount of stick but on a very limited budget (almost certainly smaller than we have now), managed to unearth some gems. Oliver and Boyce put around 50k into our very empty bank account; Miller has gone on to establish himself at league 2 level. He even got Power playing well for more than 2 games in a row!!

Do still wonder what might have been if Mr Matt Rhead hadn't broken our hearts in the 93rd minute in the FA Cup. A hat-trick at whitehawk would go some way to alleviating the pain I still feel from that missed opportunity.

I have some sympathy for that point of view. He was never cut the slack like some other occupants of the hot seat....

plumbob - 4/11/2015 20:56

DH was much maligned. Personally I liked him, honest straight talking fella and a long long way from being the worst manager we've had!

ah, but the snakes in the grass....

Michael Foley - 4/11/2015 23:56

Stevie_imp - 4/11/2015 14:05

Class act Farman

That save: shades of Gordon Banks (for those old enough to remember...)

The similarity occurred to me too; except for Pele's effort being a downwards header, to get the ball over the bar in both cases seemed impossible.

DH was always going to come across the odd decent player given his scatter gun approach, although there were some who weren't great but did a decent job for us at the time (Pacquette, Thompson, Louis etc).

With regards to Farman, I was one who wrote him off three years or so ago but I don't think anyone could have envisaged the speed and margin of his improvement.

Bearing in mind how poor we were at the time, one of the last things we needed was a 'keeper who was indecisive, wouldn't come off his line, wouldn't come for crosses, couldn't kick particularly well and let in 4 or 5 soft goals a season (generally against Luton it seemed!). He was always a decent shot stopper.

A combination of things have probably contributed - Preece, Townsend coming in, age, game time and his loan spell at Boston, as he's said, was an eye opener for him.

I think it was about this time last year that he got back into the side due to Birmingham not allowed Townsend to play in the FA Cup?