Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot) | Page 48 | Vital Football

Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot)

poor game really. There is a definite gulf in class between the top 4 or 5 teams and the rest. But a win against the great unwashed is still a good result.

Yeah the likes of Arsenal, Man, City and Chelsea especially are on a different planet to the rest. Still a win against blues at any level is great. Especially as this is the one area they've been better than us in. This is definitely the first time I can remember the Villa ladies beating blues.

Sticks hand up to speak 😏🙋‍♀️✋

Meh to the female game. It doesn't interest me (for those who don't know, I'm the resident female of many years standing)

As for women commentators it's the same as male commentators to me: if they are there on merit and good, then that's fine by me.

If they are only employed cos of jobsworth/P.C and not any good then no like male commentators they shouldn't be there

Though we have to remember that what is good to one is not good to another. Its all subjective

Yeah the likes of Arsenal, Man, City and Chelsea especially are on a different planet to the rest. Still a win against blues at any level is great. Especially as this is the one area they've been better than us in. This is definitely the first time I can remember the Villa ladies beating blues.

Yep it was just a few years ago Blues had one of the top Ladies teams in England, they have gone backwards since and now are very poor, probably the owners, Trillion Trophies, not investing any money into their team. First time we have beaten them in four attempts, first of many I suspect. Blues sinking faster than a brick in a swimming pool.

Congratulations to Ellen White, who as well as being a Harry Kane look-a-like has become England Women's all time top scorer 👏👏👏

Presenting women's football with all the breathless excitement of a proper match is plain dishonest. The majority of Latvia players aren't real footballers at all - it was an undignified spectacle, like watching a Dad playing cricket against his little daughter and doing a lap of honour every time he hits a 6.
The crowd, the commentators, the players - all collude this, because we are being forced to agree it's 'the same as men's football'. It is not.

Presenting women's football with all the breathless excitement of a proper match is plain dishonest. The majority of Latvia players aren't real footballers at all - it was an undignified spectacle, like watching a Dad playing cricket against his little daughter and doing a lap of honour every time he hits a 6.
The crowd, the commentators, the players - all collude this, because we are being forced to agree it's 'the same as men's football'. It is not.

Our ladies still seem to be decades off the US ladies from a game I saw a few years ago, yet in the past week our social media channels have been over playing thrashings of the Lativia’s and San Marino’s of the worlds (men’s). I saw a tribute to Gareth Southgate where it had an image of us beating Malta 2-0 FFS.

It’s embarrassing. Let’s beat the US ladies in a knockout competition or an Italy/Croatia in the men’s game when it matters and then these people will get my respect.

I see the England ladies sneaked over the line last night. Bet they were a bit nervy towards the end though.

The Latvian women were preoccupied plotting their next Channel crossing