Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot) | Page 40 | Vital Football

Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot)

Another signing.

This time it's Caroline Siems from 1. FFC Turbine Potsdam. She's a 21 yr old full back who has represented Germany at youth level since the age of 14.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/07/28/caro-siems-announcement

The women seem to be doing a 'mens' team. We've had a clear out and now signing a fair few replacements.

Obviously I don't know the set up with the ladies team half as well as our men but I hope they can gel as a team pdq.

It's about time the women's game got some TV money from somewhere. I suppose when our owners were talking about getting to the top they weren't thinking of the women?

It's about time the women's game got some TV money from somewhere. I suppose when our owners were talking about getting to the top they weren't thinking of the women?

They've invested more into the women's team than any previous owners. About time as this was the one area blues have always been ahead of us in, no longer now they've been relegated.

Now that the academy games get played at Bodymoor I wouldn't mind going to watch the women's team if we got free or heavily discounted (e.g a few quid at most) entry as part of the season ticket prices in future.

I see the Villa ladies are doing what our lot (the men) did for most of last season...... that is, they were asleep for the first half.

Half time - Reading 3-0 Villa.

Wasn't it Reading who got thumped by Arsenal Ladies last weekend? We should of been all over them like a rash from the kick-off.

Seems a bit of a better fist in the second half. Going to take a few games though given all the signings and making the step up.

Certainly parallels though.