Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot) | Page 36 | Vital Football

Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot)

Must be, saw one come in earlier and almost missed the name thinking it was another for our first team lol

I notice the Villa ladies appear to be doing a lot of transfers as well. I wonder if its a concerted effort to get in the WSL?

Think the intent is there OTV. We are the largest club in the Championship.

Not sure how many of our players are full time professionals though. That seemed to be the key for United to dominate last season.

The women's game must (and will IMO) improve the technical standards. A fully professional side (training, recovery, nuitrition etc) will always get better. If you watch the '66 World Cup final, you can see how far the men's game has improved. Not suggesting it will take 50 years, but Each World Cup will raise the standard. We have yet to see a "Pele" or "Maradona" (exceptional) type player in the women's game. This will raise the bar for the rest.

I am a firm believer that if you play the best consistently, you get better (after a few maulings)

If she's good enough I don't see the problem.

If she makes a howler there will be fallout. She's in a very tough position and is a pioneer for other aspiring women. Supporters have come a long way from hurling bananas at black players (well, most of us) but discrimination is ever present.

Let's judge her after her performance rather than assuming she'll be crap eh??

Refs make mistakes. Female refs aren't exempt from that. Sky Sports have the technology to look at things from multiple angles and infinite number of times and then look for 'controversy' when they find a mistake. Imagine having to do your job without spell check or the delete button.

If she's good enough I don't see the problem.

If she makes a howler there will be fallout. She's in a very tough position and is a pioneer for other aspiring women. Supporters have come a long way from hurling bananas at black players (well, most of us) but discrimination is ever present.

Let's judge her after her performance rather than assuming she'll be crap eh??
As said in my response above she hasnt got the time in to merit this appointment. Given the fact that two women were selected to do the line it is a political appointment, not merit based.
Our own Sian Ellis is brilliant and is working her way through the ranks and will go far. I have no problems with someone getting a job on merit but this is a PC appoinment by EUFA.

Many other time served refs who have got the big games under their belts. She has done just 2 Ligue One games and doesnt get this game on merit. When she can put her CV on the table then she gets the games.
Wow!

Let's move out of the dark ages. She matched her male counterparts from what I have read. Without opportunity she will never prove or disprove her competence.