Women 'held as slaves for 30 years' | Vital Football

Women 'held as slaves for 30 years'

david-avfc

Vital Football Hero
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25040741

3 women have been "rescued" from being slaves for 30 years

Shocking, although when I read into detail some interesting things appear..

"Last month officers were contacted by Freedom Charity after it received a call from a woman saying she had been held against her will for decades." - would you not phone the police straight away?

" the three woman eventually left the property when the owners of the house were not around" - did they not think about doing that say 30 years ago???

If they were able to just walk out of the front door, and if they could use a phone without the person knowing, why did they not try to escape before it doesn't sound like it was particularly hard

"He added that the women had controlled lives and spent most of it indoors, but they had some freedom." They weren't exactly locked away - why not try to escape before?

I call hoax.

Sorry mate, I call it a serious misunderstanding of life and the mind.

Your ignorance of psychology, torment and control does not make it a hoax - fact - just because you don't think it's real.

Start you off easy, and I'm not taking the piss...heard of Stockholms?

There is more to life than playing computer games and having a wank dude.

Be grateful for the life you have, but don't pass judgement on others when you aren't even prepared to spend 30 seconds considering an outlook other than your own, and when you certainly only have a press report to go off when you read into the quotes you copy what you want to.

The only thing that reads into detail really is how badly educated on a humanist level my following generations are but the again there are cracks on this forum about potential Saville victims just jumping on the bandwagon ignoring the fact it could be now they have found the strength to talk because somebody else has...and it only stays now because I can't do anything because of how twattish the law is.

Blokes in wigs now dictate standards...fantastic.

Why would you keep a 69 year old woman as a slave. Surely it would be easier to cave her head in and bury her under the patio?

mike_field - 22/11/2013 02:51

Sorry mate, I call it a serious misunderstanding of life and the mind.

Your ignorance of psychology, torment and control does not make it a hoax - fact - just because you don't think it's real.

Start you off easy, and I'm not taking the piss...heard of Stockholms?

There is more to life than playing computer games and having a wank dude.

Be grateful for the life you have, but don't pass judgement on others when you aren't even prepared to spend 30 seconds considering an outlook other than your own, and when you certainly only have a press report to go off when you read into the quotes you copy what you want to.

The only thing that reads into detail really is how badly educated on a humanist level my following generations are but the again there are cracks on this forum about potential Saville victims just jumping on the bandwagon ignoring the fact it could be now they have found the strength to talk because somebody else has...and it only stays now because I can't do anything because of how twattish the law is.

Blokes in wigs now dictate standards...fantastic.

:1: :1: :1: post of the season.

Not directed at dave - but just as a general way of looking at things and conducting oneself.

Fair play Mike - I for one, as someone who is guilty of doing this at times, have taken this on board. Thanks.

David if that is all you have ever known then they wouldn't have realized any different. Before you say well 2 of them were older when they were taken. No one knows how there lives were beforehand or the circumstances. Knowing you can leave and doing it are 2 different things.

I and my youngsters are survivors of domestic violence. It took me 16 years to leave. We walked hell and back in the aftermath. So why didn't I leave earlier? After all the services are their to help you.

Simple; I had recreated my childhood in my adulthood. My Father was the same as the ex. I equated violence with love as that is all I knew.

When I met Mr KK I didn't get it cos he isn't violent. I used to push him to hit me but he would just laugh and say 'I am not going too blah blah blah'

it is as Mike says you have to understand the psychology of it all. I knew about Women's Aid and all available. I never connected with leaving until I did.

Life isn't black and white