Wolves v Manchester City - KO- Monday 21st September 2020 - KO 20:15 GMT+1 : Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Wolves v Manchester City - KO- Monday 21st September 2020 - KO 20:15 GMT+1 : Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Der Waffle
First game of a new season and we take on the side that took all the points last strange season and whilst not wanting to harp on about rivals I will mention Klipperty who appears to be getting a bee into his bonnet about other Clubs being able to spend shed loads of money while his Club apparently are not that sort of Club, but that they just happen to be the second biggest spenders behind Chelsea this summer so Klippert stfu for once.

Anyway we take on Wolves who have already had a couple of games and are that far ahead in terms of match fitness, while City have had no pre-season games, not that any clubs had the chance to do that and only a few fans are boing allowed into watching games and to what effect this will have I have not got a clue.

City News
Sergio Aguero
could well be out for 2 months more and Aymeric Laporte is only just back from quarantine,with Bernardo Silva picking up an injury on international duty, but City have Ferran Torres and Nathan Ake on display, but whether they will be on the pitch or the Bertie only Pep and the Players know themselves at this stage.

Broadcast news
Radio Manchester, BBC Radio 5 live and Sky Sports.

Beat the Pep
Ederson
Walker Stones Ake Cancelo
Rodri, Fernandinho, Sterling, De Bruyne, Torres
Jesus

Match Officials
Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referees: Scott Ledger and Simon Long
Fourth Official: Jonathan Moss
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

my guess 3-1 City a good away win

Last edited:
As we all know, Charlie Nick has been shunted stage left, so only one “Pundit Predo”:
Lawrenson 1:1
:slap:

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
Wolves were one of just two sides, along with Manchester United, to complete a Premier League double over Manchester City last season.

They haven't managed three straight top-flight victories against City since October 1961.

Manchester City
We can equal Aston Villa's record of winning 10 consecutive opening fixtures to a top-flight season, set between 1891 and 1900.

We lost seven of our 12 Premier League matches against the other teams who finished in the top seven of the table.

We won our final five Premier League fixtures of last season by an aggregate score of 21-1.

Losing is not an option as Pep Guardiola is in danger of losing three consecutive league games against a single opponent for the first time in his managerial career.

With all the bonuses the Dippers have paid out they will not have the usual shed load of money to spend this transfer time. Wolves play 3 at the back and this gives us trouble. I am not that confident about a win, I hope for a 1-1 draw.

Garcia ruled out too, suffered a head injury requiring 17 stitches, my money's on Ederson again

Very tough opener. Given the amount of absentees, a draw may be a respectable result.

My differences from Buzz in post #1

Mendy for Cancelo, Foden for Fernie, Mahrez for Torres

Sub Cancelo Otamendi Doyle B Silva Fernie Torres.

Also posted in the Tactics Board thread post #9

The very latest in Team News
I’ll bring you the team news as soon as it lands
Ilkay Gundogan will not be involved as he has tested positive for COVID-19 and is self-isolating and I’m sure you’ll join me in wishing him a speedy recovery.
The same for Aymeric Laporte after his bout with the virus, with Pep Guardiola confirming at his press conference that the Frenchman has only just returned to training.
Riyad Mahrez, who also had the virus, is fit and available to play, however.
And finally, there’ll be no Sergio Aguero this evening, as he is still recovering from the knee injury he suffered against Burnley in June.