Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester City - Wednesday 11th May 2022 - 20:15 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester City - Wednesday 11th May 2022 - 20:15 BST - Premier League Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
Now We are Back on the Horse Can We Stay on it please!
City have appeared to have washed away those Champions League Blues, but in the aftermath of things Carragher says City will always be a small club because they have not won the Champions League and I know I am off Topic at the moment, I would love for the former Liverpuddinglian 'Does he then consider Arsenal to be a little club?
Fresh from a 5-0 victory over Newcastle who have been on the end of a similar score line once previously under Pep, City travel to the Midlands to take on a Wolves team who are having a great season, just outside the European qualification slots with an outside chance but to do so they would have to beat both City and Liverpool™ failed.The Media have highlighted Pep's comments that everyone wants the Merseysiders to win the title, which is not true City fans and Everton fans are probably together on this, but Pep is not far wrong especially when it comes to the media most notably the BBC.
Wolves made a specular comeback against Chelsea after being two down to take a point from the match and will now try and do better against City in this rearranged game.
Over on the official Man City app (mancity.com) Natalie Pike will be joined by Shaun Wright-Phillips and another special guest on this week’s Matchday Live show, offering their thoughts before, during and after the action from Molineux. The show gets under way from 19:15 (UK). Alistair Mann and Michael Brown will guide you through the action from kick-off with live audio commentary via the Official Site and CITY+ subscribers can also enjoy a full 90-minute replay from midnight.

City Team News
A late decision will be made to see if Nathan Ake is fit enough to take his spot in the side with both Ruben Dias and John Stones out with injury along with Kyle Walker, this will mean that Olex Zinchenko will continue in the left back slot while Joao Cancelo will stay on the right side for the remainder of the season barring any further injuries to the defence which has been ravaged this season with bad luck. The question of who plays along side Aymeric Laporte should Ake not be fit enough is a tricky one, with Egan-Riley and Mbete from the EDS side who have just retained their title in PL2 or it could be Fernandinho who came on for Dias at halftime against Newcastle due to Dias's injury during the first half of what appeared to be a hamstring with the player obviously not running freely in the last few minutes of the first 45 minutes, but it could be Rodri with the club Captain taking the midfield role, but as ever Pep will let us know an hour before kick off but he may give clues in the press conference today.

I think
Ederson
Cancelo Rodri Laporte Zinchenko
Bernardo Fernandinho De Bruyne
Foden Grealish Sterling

Match Officials
1652155521114.jpeg
Referee: Martin Atkinson.
(where did he get that 7 minutes from?)
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Richard West.
Fourth official: Graham Scott.
VAR: Paul Tierney. Assistant VAR: Simon Bennett.

Next
Premier League Sunday 15th May 22 -14:00 BST
West Ham v City

Last edited:
Regarding Carragher’s inevitable petulant ‘have to score a point now that City have won so convincingly and I am so bitterly disappointed‘ comment…..

Does he consider Nottingham Forest a BIG club? They have after all won the Champions League twice - in consecutive seasons actually 1979 & 1980. FA Cup winners twice, League Cup winners four times……First Division Champions only once. :unsure: But no domestic trophies (I don’t count the Full Members Cup) since 1990. 32 years.

This is where his argument begins to unravel even further.

I did have to agree with him on one point though - he fought hard to contradict Micah and Rednapp‘s touting of Paul The Hairdo Pogba being a good signing.

As for Wolves……..a tough gig for sure and we will need to be on our game from the off. I am sure that the victory on Sunday and it’s manner will have only served to cement the determination of our squad to get this over the line especially given the defensive absences. :punch:

Having got back on the pony can we afford a slip now that we are plus 4 in the GD table, I would much rather that we win this game because Wolves are always difficult to score against with their back 5 formation. Also, the goalie is pretty good, I think. Just hope Pep just picks the best 11 to start the game who are fully fit. We still have a few options, as Buzza points out. So this really is squeaky bum time, City onward and upward, 0-3.

Pundits’ Predo’s:
Lawrenson: 0:2
Jones Knows jackshit: 0:1

This is an extract from JKJ’s preamble.

“I have a lot in common with most teams in the Premier League in that Manchester City have a habit of making us look clueless. In my quest to becoming a gambler extraordinaire I have tipped Pep Guardiola's boys not to win three times since December, including on Sunday against Newcastle. They have won those games by an aggregate score of 16-0. "You're getting sacked in the morning," was the chant from the Twitter trolls. It was hard to argue.”

i have to agree! :giggle:

Pundits’ Predo’s:
Lawrenson: 0:2
Jones Knows jackshit: 0:1

This is an extract from JKJ’s preamble.

“I have a lot in common with most teams in the Premier League in that Manchester City have a habit of making us look clueless. In my quest to becoming a gambler extraordinaire I have tipped Pep Guardiola's boys not to win three times since December, including on Sunday against Newcastle. They have won those games by an aggregate score of 16-0. "You're getting sacked in the morning," was the chant from the Twitter trolls. It was hard to argue.”

i have to agree! :giggle:
It would take a Mug punter to back against City

The Wolves boss speaks... 🗣
Everyone knows how strong this side is. They are one of the best teams in the world and Pep is one of the best managers in the world, so tonight is going to be a big challenge to myself and my players.

When we faced Man City earlier in the season at the Etihad, we felt we were very unfortunate not to leave with at least a point.

We will take a lot of confidence from not only that performance, but also how we played on Saturday at Stamford Bridge, into tonight’s game.

Commentary By Jack Mumford @
19:10
Countdown to team news ⏰
We're just five minutes from getting our first look at tonight's team. How many changes will Pep make from Sunday's thumping of Newcastle?

In the middle of yet another busy week, will rotation be necessary?

Ederson, Cancelo, Fernandinho (c), Laporte, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden, Sterling

Substitutes: Steffen, Ake, Egan-Riley, Mbete, Lavia, Palmer, Mahrez, Grealish, Jesus

Commentary By Jack Mumford @
19:22
Shaun Goater on Fernandinho in defence 🗣
He is reliable. No matter what position he plays he seems like a seasoned pro.
We’ve seen him play centre back and marshall the defence. He’s such a clever and intelligent player, I always enjoy watching him play. This guy is just a brilliant player.
We can't argue with that assessment!