Wolverhampton Wanderers-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wolverhampton Wanderers-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

A fabulous ripost to the growing chagrin in the media that we are pissing on the LiverpoolTM failed Historic Quadruple’ Chances - a masterclass from the imperious Kevin De Bruyne. The only shadow being the injuries to Laporte and Fernandinho - neither of which IMO will be ready for the weekend and possibly the remaining games. The blows to our defensive options would have been writ large by the media had we been LiverpoolTM failed - because Klipperty would have been moaning about it ALL the time. Pep just gets on with it and lets the team do the talking :tophat:

(although I take issue with Chris Sutton‘s description of De Bruyne as ‘cunning’ - I don’t understand this at all and it feels as if his performance was slightly shabby and underhand. It was absolutely nothing of the sort. Sutton guilty of damning with faint praise, but he speaks pretty much mostly out of his arse anyway so :nerner::finger:)

22:37
'Unstoppable, brilliant, awesome, outstanding, perfect De Bruyne'

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, asked by BBC Sport if Kevin de Bruyne produced one of the best midfield displays: "Absolutely.

"He made quite often in the last this season especially in the second half he has made similar displays today but today he scored four goals. Unstoppable, brilliant, awesome outstanding, perfect.

"He had the ability to create the special things.

"Always we push him to say he is incredible player, generous with assists but he has to score goals and this season is the most prolific he has had since we are together."

Improved goal difference to Liverpool, is that important? "The target is next game. If we win the next two games we will be champions. Now recover the players and play a final, the final for us is against West Ham."

Remarkable group, isn't it? "One of the best I have ever had."
I wonder what the Football Writers Association members are feeling now, having given this season’s award to the diving, turf-munching Salad.
I hope their faces are scarlet with embarrassment.

A fabulous ripost to the growing chagrin in the media that we are pissing on the LiverpoolTM failed Historic Quadruple’ Chances - a masterclass from the imperious Kevin De Bruyne. The only shadow being the injuries to Laporte and Fernandinho - neither of which IMO will be ready for the weekend and possibly the remaining games. The blows to our defensive options would have been writ large by the media had we been LiverpoolTM failed - because Klipperty would have been moaning about it ALL the time. Pep just gets on with it and lets the team do the talking :tophat:

(although I take issue with Chris Sutton‘s description of De Bruyne as ‘cunning’ - I don’t understand this at all and it feels as if his performance was slightly shabby and underhand. It was absolutely nothing of the sort. Sutton guilty of damning with faint praise, but he speaks pretty much mostly out of his arse anyway so :nerner::finger:)

It was a bad choice of word, it was more intelligent than cunning, but he could have scored 5 whilst the team could have got another four at least

I wonder what the Football Writers Association members are feeling now, having given this season’s award to the diving, turf-munching Salad.
I hope their faces are scarlet with embarrassment.

journalists are drawn to the click baits and favour those clubs with bigger fan bases, our will still be growing there are some City fans who have never experienced the lows of the Roller Coaster

journalists are drawn to the click baits and favour those clubs with bigger fan bases, our will still be growing there are some City fans who have never experienced the lows of the Roller Coaster
My guess is they anticipated the quad coming off.