Wolverhampton Wanderers FC vs Tottenham Hotspur FC | Page 15 | Vital Football

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC vs Tottenham Hotspur FC

3-0 and coasting. Step forward Trippier who tries the stupidest nutmeg I've seen in his own right back area. That single moment changed the entire momentum of the game, and along with the Man City mistake means he HAS to be dropped. Not rested. I want to see him fight for that shirt again as his complacency is scary. Poch needs to remind him that he got to where he is by being an honest, hard working professional, not some flash dan who plays like Marcelo at Real Madrid.

As for Davies, that problem only gets resolved in the transfer market. Rose cannot be trusted to stay fit and Davies is neither good enough at defending or attacking. In fact, he gets absolutely skinned at times with no power of recovery.

Except for a couple of half decent performances from Rose this season and a couple of great crosses, full-back has been a complete horror show. Top sides need better than that.

Trippier has been a liability since the World Cup in too many games..

WW, I don;t agree. I have watched a heck of a lot of footy this season. Try watching Bournemouths and Wolves of this world on a regular basis. They might be lower than us in the league but they play more than 50% of their games at their max ability. Pool and Arse gave their best shots for almost 90 mins, don't think Pep would tolerate 20 mins appearances from any of his players.

Like I said y'day, (partly because of all this swapping and changing) too many players playing as individuals. I also blamed it on arrogance......and Poch said the same thing post-match (disrespect).
Completely understand what you are saying CS ' ,but my point is that
playing at your "maximum ability "and "giving it your best shot " don't necessarily equate to playing well . I would not expect any player , ever to do anything less.
I still stand by my comment that most teams probably only play well for limited periods in the game . The famous double side had the ability to " turn on the style " but it didn't last 90 minutes.
I do not include the plastic Mancs because of the obscene amounts of money involved .
Interesting debate though

Fair do WW. Wasn't intended to be contentious point :0)

I think most Spurs fans are wanting to see Spurs of last 3/4 years under Poch. That identity has gone AWOL. Fine that the results have gone our way, but does tend to hide a lot of the shortcomings. Here's hoping this indifferent start (style wise) sees us perfectly positioned to capitalise on any upturn in performances. May be the stars are aligning for us to do a Leicester!... off to the bookies with that thought!

Didn't watch the match but sounds like Wolves dominated the mid & piled the pressure on our defence like they did against Brighton.They're problem is they don't have a striker to put the ball in the net. They are basically Sporting Lisbon & know how to play the ball around.But no end product.

3-0 and coasting. Step forward Trippier who tries the stupidest nutmeg I've seen in his own right back area. That single moment changed the entire momentum of the game, and along with the Man City mistake means he HAS to be dropped. Not rested. I want to see him fight for that shirt again as his complacency is scary. Poch needs to remind him that he got to where he is by being an honest, hard working professional, not some flash dan who plays like Marcelo at Real Madrid.

As for Davies, that problem only gets resolved in the transfer market. Rose cannot be trusted to stay fit and Davies is neither good enough at defending or attacking. In fact, he gets absolutely skinned at times with no power of recovery.

Except for a couple of half decent performances from Rose this season and a couple of great crosses, full-back has been a complete horror show. Top sides need better than that.
Spot on....

I think most Spurs fans are wanting to see Spurs of last 3/4 years under Poch. That identity has gone AWOL. Fine that the results have gone our way, but does tend to hide a lot of the shortcomings. Here's hoping this indifferent start (style wise) sees us perfectly positioned to capitalise on any upturn in performances. May be the stars are aligning for us to do a Leicester!... off to the bookies with that thought!
I keep reminding posters that we have had 14 different players on the injury table in the first 3 months of the season, with the late arrival back from the WC is it a real surprise that we are not our best.
For me says a lot that we are finding ways to win games, that is a real positive.
What has really annoyed me is that Tripier carelessness could have a huge impact on Foyth and Skip development, Foyth was blossoming and now his confidence could well have taken a knock. Poch also will surely think twice before starting him.
At 3-0 Skip surely would have got on with 10 min to go, who knows now when Poch will have that opportunity again.

I keep reminding posters that we have had 14 different players on the injury table in the first 3 months of the season, with the late arrival back from the WC is it a real surprise that we are not our best.
For me says a lot that we are finding ways to win games, that is a real positive.
What has really annoyed me is that Tripier carelessness could have a huge impact on Foyth and Skip development, Foyth was blossoming and now his confidence could well have taken a knock. Poch also will surely think twice before starting him.
At 3-0 Skip surely would have got on with 10 min to go, who knows now when Poch will have that opportunity again.

Poch seemed pretty cool about Foyth, he smirked and implied it's a learning curve. I think he will be fine.

Nothing contentious buddy . I was really enjoying the debate . Not often you can do that on here !

We can't say he wasn't at fault for the pens. He still gave them away. Sure he wasn't the only culprit.

If that was Sissoko giving them pens away he would get destroyed.

It's a learning curve for the lad. We need to address the CM area very quickly. Our midfield is like a sink hole these days. Until we start dominating that area again our full backs and CB's will make more mistakes than in previous years.