Wolverhampton Wanderers FC vs Tottenham Hotspur FC | Page 14 | Vital Football

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC vs Tottenham Hotspur FC

Absolutely Sissoko played ok today. he has not right being on that list!

Sissoko did ok. A few nice runs but no end product a little anti climax ish. Shame Dembo went off. Sissoko had to defend more than intended. He would have been getting forward and stretching their MF more.

Sissoko did ok. A few nice runs but no end product a little anti climax ish. Shame Dembo went off. Sissoko had to defend more than intended. He would have been getting forward and stretching their MF more.

Yeah looking back on it I am still baffled by MP not bringing in Sanchez for Dembo to help keep the midfield. We totally conceded the midfield from the the second minute on.

It's no good bossing areas of the pitch with no end product. We have said this about ourselves many times. We were missing Rose, Vert, Dembele, Eriksen and Alli , that's half our first choice outfield players. Had Dembele been in MF I can't see them bossing it. We really only played well for 20 minutes ish which was enough.

That's all we've been doing this season, playing well for 20 out of 90 mins. Our 20 mins are usually spread over the full course of the game!

Was enough?.... just imo.

Yeah looking back on it I am still baffled by MP not bringing in Sanchez for Dembo to help keep the midfield. We totally conceded the midfield from the the second minute on.

Worked til we invited the pressure. Plus he's trying not to overplay Sanchez... Talked about assessing the damage after him playing Mon & Weds.

3 games in 6 days. Injuries, trying to rest players for Tues, yet we still show the class in attack to win. Yes our defence was shaky but not at full strength. I agree Davies is looking poor and Tripps making bad decisions but I think he can fix that. I hope Rose ain't far off being ready.

You are aware that Sanchez played last Monday and again on Wednesday for the full 90 minutes, and you want Poch to bring him on after 3 minutes.

Worked til we invited the pressure. Plus he's trying not to overplay Sanchez... Talked about assessing the damage after him playing Mon & Weds.

We soaked up the pressure and Wolves were a little naive and got too confident which enabled us to punish them. I'm not surprised Wolves were at home and are spirited. I think Poch anticipated it judging by having Winks , Dembele and Sissoko in MF but obviously that went out the window after 2 minutes. We struggled to get our game together but you could see the confidence growing and the goals came .

3 games in 6 days. Injuries, trying to rest players for Tues, yet we still show the class in attack to win. Yes our defence was shaky but not at full strength. I agree Davies is looking poor and Tripps making bad decisions but I think he can fix that. I hope Rose ain't far off being ready.

We can never rely on Rose to stay fit. A new LB is priority. Davies is have a poor season indeed but he is in no way alone on that list. I'd add Dembele, Alderweireld, Lloris, Dier, maybe even Trippier and Kane. Poch as well.

We have to spend on defensive midfield. Dembo is passed sell by date and contract expiring. Wanya is so fragile nowadays that one game and his knee acts up.

Arse can't defend and Liverpool couldn't score, not sure why they are leagues above us ?

That throwaway comment was based just on how we played versus how they played yesterday...IF we had played against either one of those teams yesterday rather than Wolves we would have lost heavily as our defense was poor overall and our attack too slow to have bothered even Arse defence....IMO of course

I have always believed that the CB effects the full back more than any other player on the pitch. At the moment I believe we are missing the maturity and safety of Vert and it's causing tripp and Davies to play like crap. Alderwiereld just isn't up to organizing a defense that is low on confidence alongside improving his own performances. Sanchez tried to come on and change it but regardless of a bit of extra shouting he didn't change anything. It's like van dyke coming in at Liverpool. This type of player raises the game of those around him. We need vert back and we need his contract sorting.

That's said, I would cash in on Tripp now. He is too easily bullied and in my eyes it's criminal for a full back to not be able to do the basics regardless of how they are performing. I would be seriously impressed if foyth had gone in to the changing rooms at the end and dug him right out in front of everyone. Foyth has a huge future and is very much a very in the making. Personally I think they should work on his mental strength as much as his physical strength and getting him to kick trips ass would be a good start

3-0 and coasting. Step forward Trippier who tries the stupidest nutmeg I've seen in his own right back area. That single moment changed the entire momentum of the game, and along with the Man City mistake means he HAS to be dropped. Not rested. I want to see him fight for that shirt again as his complacency is scary. Poch needs to remind him that he got to where he is by being an honest, hard working professional, not some flash dan who plays like Marcelo at Real Madrid.

As for Davies, that problem only gets resolved in the transfer market. Rose cannot be trusted to stay fit and Davies is neither good enough at defending or attacking. In fact, he gets absolutely skinned at times with no power of recovery.

Except for a couple of half decent performances from Rose this season and a couple of great crosses, full-back has been a complete horror show. Top sides need better than that.

Watched Arse v liverpud and then our game....we are three leagues below them both on that performance...
Greavesie ........I haven't got a clue . I haven't checked , don't intend to , but have they had five games in fourteen days and not one of them at home and did they have nine players in the World Cup semifinal just weeks before the start of the premier league .

Your expectations must be lower than mine mate....can't say I felt joyous personally
Your expectations must be lower than mine mate....can't say I felt joyous personally
Joy might be too strong a word Greavsie,I was slightly tipsy when I posted ?but my point was that we looked like our old selves again, playing good passing football,which we haven't done in a while and it was pleasing on the eye.

Dont most teams do that CS. Very very few do much better I would have thought

WW, I don;t agree. I have watched a heck of a lot of footy this season. Try watching Bournemouths and Wolves of this world on a regular basis. They might be lower than us in the league but they play more than 50% of their games at their max ability. Pool and Arse gave their best shots for almost 90 mins, don't think Pep would tolerate 20 mins appearances from any of his players.

Like I said y'day, (partly because of all this swapping and changing) too many players playing as individuals. I also blamed it on arrogance......and Poch said the same thing post-match (disrespect).