Wolverhampton Wanderers FC vs Tottenham Hotspur FC | Page 13 | Vital Football

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC vs Tottenham Hotspur FC

We had the extra quality so deserved the win in open play.

Totally disagree with that. On the showing, it's only the result would suggest 'better quality'. I'd say far from it. We'd have perhaps struggled even more had their legit goal not been disallowed. Like I said before, we played like a bunch of individuals. They had better cohesion in their team, which ultimately showed in the 2nd half.

I am pleased with the points but some of our players were so bad it was laughable.Apart from Hugo and Erik who was our best player again as keano said.
For me Trip ,Foyth,Davies ,Winks ,Son and Eriksson were awful only slightly better was Lucas and kane that's only because they scored. If Kane would not have been so greedy and passed to Lamela we could have been 4 a head. Kane was wasteful greedy and weak in possession today.
We need big money signings in January and Poch has got to play Lamela every match while he is playing like this

Totally disagree with that. On the showing, it's only the result would suggest 'better quality'. I'd say far from it. We'd have perhaps struggled even more had their legit goal not been disallowed. Like I said before, we played like a bunch of individuals. They had better cohesion in their team, which ultimately showed in the 2nd half.

You are wrong, Wolves are not scoring goals of late and have lost 3 straight. They don't have a top scorer. Our finishing was clinical, theirs was from gifted pens. They fought hard and I commend them for that but they were missing class.

Wolves have scored 9 PL goals all season before this match. They needed pens , one of which was debatable to get close to us.

I am pleased with the points but some of our players were so bad it was laughable.Apart from Hugo and Erik who was our best player again as keano said.
For me Trip ,Foyth,Davies ,Winks ,Son and Eriksson were awful only slightly better was Lucas and kane that's only because they scored. If Kane would not have been so greedy and passed to Lamela we could have been 4 a head. Kane was wasteful greedy and weak in possession today.
We need big money signings in January and Poch has got to play Lamela every match while he is playing like this

Lamela is being managed physically, play him every game he will break down. He needs protecting not running into the ground.

Wolves have scored 9 PL goals all season before this match. They needed pens , one of which was debatable to get close to us.

Irrespective of anything, they had a good goal ruled out....there midfield bossed ours.. in the 2nd half especially .they looked slick...we didnt. If I was a neutral I would have said a draw would be a fair result...luckily it went our way, but a team that can score would have beaten us today

We are very very lucky. But it will run out probably against Arsenal. Saw nothing I did not expect from Tripper or Davis who simply can not play the system they are being asked to. Kane is knackered. More worryingly Eriksen looks well finished. Cant see us making top four unless we can buy two ready to go EPL fit players. Felt bad for Wolves.

Last edited:
Every time we concede a goal it's from a mistake, concentration seems to be a problem. That's two league game on the trot that Trps has cost us a goal.

We are very very lucky. But it run out privabky against Arsenal. Saw nothing I did not expect from Tripper or Davis who simply can not play the system they are being asked to. Kane is knackered. More worryingly Eriksen looks well finished. Cant see us making top four unless we can buy two ready to go EPL fit players. Felt bad for Wolves.
Felt bad for Wolves. Why, ??? They weren't good enough to beat us,it took two penos to get them back in the game.

Irrespective of anything, they had a good goal ruled out....there midfield bossed ours.. in the 2nd half especially .they looked slick...we didnt. If I was a neutral I would have said a draw would be a fair result...luckily it went our way, but a team that can score would have beaten us today

It's no good bossing areas of the pitch with no end product. We have said this about ourselves many times. We were missing Rose, Vert, Dembele, Eriksen and Alli , that's half our first choice outfield players. Had Dembele been in MF I can't see them bossing it. We really only played well for 20 minutes ish which was enough.

We gave away two pens to let them back into it. Second perhaps a bit harsh. Wolves played well but didn't score from open play so in my view didn't deserve anything out the game.

I hope Foyth is ok after that. He will learn from it and we saw the game out so no harm done.

We had the extra quality so deserved the win in open play.

I think Foyth will learn from that. It didn’t do my nerves any good but it will ground him and make him a better defender.

I really worry about our wing backs right now. To go from the envy of all other teams with Walker and Rose flying, to where we are now is terrifying!!