Woking | Vital Football

Woking

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Two down after 30 minutes. After all the euphoria back down to earth with a bump. As soon as we come up against the better teams we come unstuck. As for today, its all about damage limitation.

I think that Pools are a team in development, hence we'll see good results followed by not so good results. There's a long way to go in this season (30 matches), and I'm hoping to see consistency emerge as the group develops. With the exception of Torquay, and even their results have dropped off recently, none of the other teams are showing any great consistency.

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic?

Fair comment, though when the top few lose it tends to be by small margins, they tend not to get taken to the cleaners. Sometimes Pools just don't turn up: today and Torquay for example.

True Alf2, I think that the difference is that a lot of our players are inexperienced. There are obvious exceptions, Featherstone and Donaldson, but they aren't leadership type personalities so when the "chips are down" they don't step up with authority.
Only hope that lessons are learnt, and quickly, in respect of game management.

I really think that Pools are missing Liddle to provide that, on field, leadership which is so apparently missing

Last edited: