Woeful Millers Lose To Wycombe | Vital Football

Woeful Millers Lose To Wycombe

Decisions regarding not signing a left-back, letting Tilt, Cooper and Kayode ALL go out on loan, not signing a "25th Man", expecting Ogbene, Olosunde, Robertson and Mattock to make miraculous recoveries from injury within the short amount of time available... have all contributed to our downfall. Millers fans could see what the likely problems would be, months ago. Sadly, RUFC didn't. Could have tried to put things right in January, but little was done (just two loan signings, one of which Warney is already reluctant to play). :(

Last edited:
I have to agree with you Mike. When we only got in the two loanees in the January window I think the writing was on the cards. I'm actually surprised, pleased but still surprised, that Ogbene is fit to play now and there have been other injuries and suspensions that we should have prepared for. But, like many times before, we didn't. I don't know if it's stubbornness on Warne's part or the lack of funds that stopped us getting players in - whichever, I think it has come back to bite us.

We missed Olosunde today and Richard Wood. I do worry what will happen to us when Woody is too old to pull on a shirt for us because, at the moment, we haven't anyone who can take his place.