Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

Roughan does the same but younger and cheaper.

I don’t think there is a scenario where I would play Max Melbourne in midfield.
What has happened to roughan? started the season well, and seemed to be coming along superbly, but hasn’t played since the Portsmouth home defeat

Best bit of MA's interview is that Michael Mancienne is Jorge Grant's brtoher-in-law and is only training with the squad.

Very funny answer to all the speculation on here.
I suspect MA is being a little coy about this. He must be considering signing him, otherwise I doubt we would be risking an extra person in the building in the current health scare climate.

What has happened to roughan? started the season well, and seemed to be coming along superbly, but hasn’t played since the Portsmouth home defeat

He did extremely well for a 17yr old at the start of the season but Edun is a better left back at the moment.

That said he is probably not getting the game time he might have had if we were mid table and the odd learning experience affected whether you were 11th or 13th rather than 1st or 3rd.

They always talk about young players getting game time so if a LB comes in I imagine they will be there to provide competition for Edun and have good ability on the ball which is key at fb for how we play. Melbourne cover at cb and emergency lb and Roughan out on loan to get some much needed games?

True, though he seems to be paying more for the youth team currently, presumably to enhance his experience.

I only mention it in terms of being desperate. A bit like playing James Wilson there, I wouldn't ordinarily consider it!

As a bit of a leftfield possible. It looks like Troy Parrott is being recalled from his loan spell at Millwall by Spurs with a view to going to a League 1 side. Shrewsbury are suggested, but with our Spurs links (TJ) and him having played in the same Irish teams as Scully we might be interested. 6ft 1 striker so Hopper cover perhaps.
Highly rated but not got a great scoring record in his Millwall loan

On Bramall:

"He is absolutely rapid, decent going forward and has a cracking free-kick on him. Not as solid defensively though and hasn't really been up to par this season, but there were quite a few rumours about him in the last window so not sure if his head might be elsewhere (and the rest of the team isn't exactly pulling up any trees around him to be fair).

I think he's out of contract in the summer and we appear to be happy to pretty much let anybody go who was here before this season to cut costs on the pre-covid contracts so I would imagine that any reasonable offer would be accepted. I notice it was Pete O'Rourke mentioning it on Twitter and he's been pretty reliable in the past so it wouldn't surprise me."

Are we set for an Announcement, judging by the tweet i would say extension to contract instead of new signing but who knows.

1611939162274.png

Wow.
If ever there was statement of the club’s continued ambition, this is it!
Thanks to everyone who has turned our club around.
Now THE place for players to develop and fantastic entertainment for the fans.