Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

I am probably putting two and two together and getting 5 but could he be sorting a signing out for tomorrow?

Messi anyone?

I am probably putting two and two together and getting 5 but could he be sorting a signing out for tomorrow?

Messi anyone?

Don’t they have to be registered by lunchtime to be in the squad for the next day? It sounds like MA would like at least a couple of new faces in before the window closes, so anytime from now and next week.

I cannot recall ever having three loanees of that quality in the same City team, and we have Rogers waiting in the wings too. The loan signings have been excellent this season.

Possibly the best before now, as a group, were under Sutton in 2009/10,

Davide Somma - 22 goals from 52 games (career cut short by injury) 3 caps for South Africa
Nathan Baker - over 250 appearances at Championship and Premier League
Eric Lichaj - over 300 appearances at Championship or above plus 16 USA Caps

Would still rather have our current crop.

Davide Somma - 22 goals from 52 games (career cut short by injury) 3 caps for South Africa

Add Chris Herd to that list. We had some brilliant individuals under Sutton but a really poor team.

I didn't rate Baker at that point, he was barely 18 and very raw. He wouldn't have got in our first team if our recent managers - especially Sutton - had not been so hopeless in the transfer market (i.e. permanent signings). He has done very well to have the career he has, because I still don't particularly rate him!

Add Chris Herd to that list. We had some brilliant individuals under Sutton but a really poor team.
Good player Herd. He was due to come to Perth Glory in 2016 but there was some sort of problem - problems relocating his family apparently. Anyway the move fell through, he played a few games for Gillingham apparently then came to Western Sydney Wanderers. He only played a few games then went off to SE Asia. Now playing for a Malaysian team. Strange the way his career went after finishing in England.