Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

Andrade has only scored 2 goals in 31 appearances for Salford. He may be earning plenty, but at 27 he has stalled his career in the process. Has been on the bench since the start of December.

Even worse than Akinde, who has 4 in 37 for Gillingham; all four have come away from home - Akinde still hasn't scored at Priestfield in 18 games.
Guess they don't get awarded as many penalties as us.

Salford must have made a first team starter guaratee for Gotts. Fair enough. Did okay with us without being the world beater Leeds fans suggested. Good luck to him.
If he is the only loanee we lose this window I'd be happy with that.

Gotts is probably our 5th best loanee, 6th when Morron is back, so maybe Leeds and us concluded that his game time may be limited....especially if we bring any more loanees in.

Salford must have made a first team starter guaratee for Gotts. Fair enough. Did okay with us without being the world beater Leeds fans suggested. Good luck to him.
If he is the only loanee we lose this window I'd be happy with that.
We've lost two - Jamie Soule's loan ended on 1 January.

Don't forget we already have cover in Mr Montsma. Most of his highlights reel showed him playing at right-back in Holland. I know he has done really well at centre-half, but if he had to cover TJ for a few games would a back four of Montsma, Jackson, Walsh, Eyouma be something to worry about?

Lewis Montsma is this decade's Sergio Ramos. True story.

Gotts is probably our 5th best loanee, 6th when Morron is back, so maybe Leeds and us concluded that his game time may be limited....especially if we bring any more loanees in.

I know we haven’t seen much of him, but I don’t think he is that bad. :tophat:

Re: Loan Players. Don't forget that you are only allowed 5 in a matchday squad. Assuming we get Morton back relatively soon then we have Palmer, Eyoma, Johnson, Morton & Rogers - all of whom you would expect to see in a matchday squad and most of them potentially in a starting XI. Anyone else joining on loan this month would be doing so kowing they wouldn't even get on our bench.

I will be very interested to see if we look to make any of our loans permanent moves or not this month as can't see further loans in being too much of an option (assuming parent clubs are expecting them to play/feature somewhere).

Re: Loan Players. Don't forget that you are only allowed 5 in a matchday squad. Assuming we get Morton back relatively soon then we have Palmer, Eyoma, Johnson, Morton & Rogers - all of whom you would expect to see in a matchday squad and most of them potentially in a starting XI. Anyone else joining on loan this month would be doing so kowing they wouldn't even get on our bench.

I will be very interested to see if we look to make any of our loans permanent moves or not this month as can't see further loans in being too much of an option (assuming parent clubs are expecting them to play/feature somewhere).

We have no chance of making any of them five a permanent deal

We have no chance of making any of them five a permanent deal

I don't think Morton would be that unlikely although the injuries aren't great. He'd be 'unproven' at this level and a year out stalls him a bit. You'd expect some of the others to get a go at the Championship and that'll dictate whether they keep going upwards

While you are talking of Lewis I am surprised Grimsby havent signed him, . I dont understand why he cant get a club.Welsh international as well.

I don't think Morton would be that unlikely although the injuries aren't great. He'd be 'unproven' at this level and a year out stalls him a bit. You'd expect some of the others to get a go at the Championship and that'll dictate whether they keep going upwards
There is a possibility that we could be a Championship club next season..........

While you are talking of Lewis I am surprised Grimsby havent signed him, . I dont understand why he cant get a club.Welsh international as well.

The lad is an enigma. In the few games we have seen him play, he has impressed every time. But he can't get a game with us. Then he goes to Newport and can't get a game with them. Is there something wrong between the ears? Does he have an attitude problem? I would love to know. He is now 22 and has only played 14 senior games in his career. Harry Anderson is only two years, five months older, but he's played nearly 230.