Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

It looks like the issue has been the portion of the money that has been tied to the additional grant/loan which we don't qualify for beyond the set fee and loss of revenue payment.

Agreed on comments on TJ. A good league 1 rb but not ready for championship yet.

Huge improvement in a year given signed last Jan and couldn’t get into a lower average league 1 team.

Agreed on comments on TJ. A good league 1 rb but not ready for championship yet.

Huge improvement in a year given signed last Jan and couldn’t get into a lower average league 1 team.
He was back of the queue behind Eardley and Lewis last season, and several CBs in his alternative position.

Start of this season most of us expected Lewis to be the first choice RB. More credit to MA and the coaching staff in developing players, though in bringing TJ back in for a full season loan the expectation for Spurs this time round would be much more game time. He's getting that and it would be pointless to recall and reloan him to a 'better' club where most likely game time would be limited when the quality of coaching and football he's getting here is so good.

I'm going left field and would argue that if he can cut out the random distribution errors and get his decision making right, he may well end up playing a Bridcutt type role when he matures. Playing at full back is probably through necessity currently but will also aid his positional awareness and reading of the game. It will do him the world of good long term.

He is a young lad that is prone to an error and he doesn't look like a creative player. However I have seen enough to know that he can carry the ball, is tenacious, can tackle, play it simple and is mobile enough to press and intercept. I have every confidence he will develop into a good holding midfielder who will learn to step out at the right times.

It's down to Tayo to kick on and if he does I believe we have a Liam Bridcutt replacement in waiting for when LB decides to hang up his boots.

Yes Tayo has the potential to one day be a potential Makelele.
And that's all we need to get to. Have him look like a potential something and get some decent money for him. Then repeat with someone else.

Yes Tayo has the potential to one day be a potential Makelele.
And that's all we need to get to. Have him look like a potential something and get some decent money for him. Then repeat with someone else.
He looked great in pre-season in that holding midfield role, but that reminds me a bit of Nolan, who purred like a Rolls Royce in friendlies when the pressure was off and he had time on the ball. I think Tayo has more about him than Nolan, but he isn't ready to play that role yet in competitive games. I think he will get there though.

Yeah, I'd not fancy having only Harry available as a back-up RB.

Gotts leaving would free up another loan space so maybe that could be the thinking, or we're bringing in a permanent RB in earlier than expected (I'm thinking Jez comments about bringing summer recruitment forward if there's an opportunity to do so).