Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

My feeling is players have so many sports science measurements taken game after game, day after day in training. This is the sort of evidence that would show what level a player is at. Whether he is physically performing at Premier League level or Championship etc. Would be buyers would be interested in the GPS vest stats. Whether the player has vision and nouse on the pitch sometimes needs to be worked on and isnt natural.
I can only think Aaron Lewis hasnt got the stats to back his performance, as he's always played very well for us, when he was given the chance.
Big picture plan is we are looking to support the running of the club with player sales. Bringing in players with potential and sell them on. Combine this with players coming to the club on loan from the Premier League, costing us very little if we are giving them a game. This season especially, due to lack of match day incomes, we are reliant on this as well. So down to money as well.

West Brom have brought in experienced goalkeeper Andy Lonergan on a deal until the end of the season. Hopefully that should dispel any recall issues for Palmer

In fact, they should go further and and offer to settle up his full contract, allowing him to make a free transfer to a Cathedral City team that is top of the league.

West Brom have brought in experienced goalkeeper Andy Lonergan on a deal until the end of the season. Hopefully that should dispel any recall issues for Palmer
I hear big Sam wants to raise some money to do some dealing. My only worry would be recall to sell to someone else.

I hear big Sam wants to raise some money to do some dealing. My only worry would be recall to sell to someone else.

Knowing the kind of money he likes to deal in though, how much would they realistically get for Palmer at the moment? There are others not featuring for them he'll want to move on to get more money. Easier said than done though as takers for some of their unwanted will be thin on the ground

The way things are going we could be playing WBA next year (so will possibly lose all our WBA loanees 🤔)

I'd like us to bring in another number 9, perhaps take a punt on someone from a Premier League Academy or somewhere like Ireland a la Zach. Gives him 6 months to bed in and be useful back up to Hopper before having a real go next season.

We need a left back ASAP I think. Even though Edun has had a few good games, I think we could find someone who uses the ball better and doesn't get caught out so much. Other than that, we do need a number 9 as others have said, unless ofcourse Rogers will fill that role?

We need a left back ASAP I think. Even though Edun has had a few good games, I think we could find someone who uses the ball better and doesn't get caught out so much. Other than that, we do need a number 9 as others have said, unless ofcourse Rogers will fill that role?
I agree on the left back - Edun has done well the last few games but he isn’t a natural left back.

I haven’t once seen him run down the left with purpose, do a quick 1-2 with the winger, like Tofolo used to do. He just always seems to pass the ball back inside.