Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

To be honest, I am more worried about Palmer going back. Playing for us, he isn't exactly getting tested week in week out. West Brom wasted money on signing themselves alternative back-up, so I am not suggesting they will use him themselves, but they may want to take up an option from lower half Championship side, where he will get a lot more work on his back muscles picking the ball out of the back of the net (as well as the shot-stopping practice).

To be honest, I am more worried about Palmer going back. Playing for us, he isn't exactly getting tested week in week out. West Brom wasted money on signing themselves alternative back-up, so I am not suggesting they will use him themselves, but they may want to take up an option from lower half Championship side, where he will get a lot more work on his back muscles picking the ball out of the back of the net (as well as the shot-stopping practice).
West Brom will be back in the Championship next year where they will dominate possession in most games and their goalie will have to concentrate 100% and make 1 or 2 crucial saves per game after being a spectator for 88 minutes. He’s at the ideal club.

It seems the local Norwich City hacks think they 'can nab Jorge Grant on the cheap' in January. This is from a Club who pocketed £94 million TV money for abject failure in the Premier last season and millions of parachute money to come. Be aware LCFC ! Quoted from Media Referee Weblog.
UTI.

Last edited:
I'll be very surprised if Johnson is recalled, he is not good enough for the Championship at this point in his career. Chris Hughton is no fool, although I hope he bears us no ill will for the embarrassment of 2017-18.

I know you're only joking, but can you imagine! There wouldn't be many loan deals if every refused to loan to teams that had previously beaten them!

It seems the local Norwich City hacks think they 'can nab Jorge Grant on the cheap' in January. This is from a Club who pocketed £94 million TV money for abject failure in the Premier last season and millions of parachute money to come. Be aware LCFC !
UTI.

This quote from the article,

"The former Nottingham Forest star’s current deal at Sincil Bank expires at the end of the season, leaving the door open for the Canaries to line him up on a cut-price deal."

Now that may be correct, but I am not aware of Jorge's contract length having been published anywhere. The website 'transfermarket.co.uk' claims it ends June 2021, but just because it is on the web, doesn't mean that it is so. We will have to see whether the pre-MA environment was signing 2 or 3 year deals.

Last edited:
We will be lucky to come through January unscathed be it from loans or players being transferred. No point worrying about it though; it's the price of success.

As Green Day would say (almost), "Wake me up when January ends".

In Brennan's case, I'm not sure he's the answer to Forest's issues. If a 19 year old with very limited senior football is the answer then they're in bigger trouble than I thought. He doesn't want to be going back to Forest and getting as little game time as Walker. For an attacking player it's a big step up from L1 to the Championship.

From memory, Forest have a sell-on clause for Grant? I'm not sure we'd receive an offer that'd tempt us to sell. I know all transfer fees are going to be welcomed but I'm not sure we need to be selling on the cheap.

They'll no doubt be a few testing the water to see how desperate they think we all are, not just with us but other Club's as well.

All the above said, we have to get used to it because that's the model now!

The thing is, Norwich are hoping to be in the Premier League next season. Do they really think Jorge is a Prem standard player?

I think I have seen at least 4 clubs allegedly looking at Jorge in the last month, Reading, Swansea, Nottm Forrest and Norwich. Could well be agent or online media desperate of clicks, though I would be surprised if no one is looking at him. Hopefully we have a contact option for another year.

Suggests that Jorge's contract situation is as suspected.

It's a tricky one. If he is out of contract and won't renew but has the correct character to keep playing then if we are still going well in January then I would be tempted to keep him and say screw you to his suitors.

If another club wants to pay a premium for a player with only 6 months on his contract or our form drops off dramatically, it may make financial sense to take some cash to aid with financial stability with a view to bolstering for a renewed push next year.

It's a tricky one. If he is out of contract and won't renew but has the correct character to keep playing then if we are still going well in January then I would be tempted to keep him and say screw you to his suitors.

If another club wants to pay a premium for a player with only 6 months on his contract or our form drops off dramatically, it may make financial sense to take some cash to aid with financial stability with a view to bolstering for a renewed push next year.

And for anyone worried about a star player moving on, remember we have dispatched two whole teams of Champions and still ended up with an even better squad!

Regarding thoughts about raiding the dutch lower leagues again. I've been playing Football Manager 2020, and in the programme they have put in the scenario of Brexit, and what happens after Jan 1st 2021. From then on it becomes more difficult to obtain a work permit for players outside the UK and would be down to a tribunal, whether the player earns enough points to qualify. Is he needed? Are there no British players that could do the job? Wages and transfer fee's paid, international caps in the last 12 months all contribute to show how worthy and needed the player is. I don't think unknown gems are going to score very highly though. Not sure if this is actually true to life, but there is already something like it in place for non eu players.

NTT20 podcast had a guest on this week's pod. He used Montsma as an example of a player who wouldn't score enough points to obtain a permit. Just not a chance. He went into it in a bit of detail. There were some reasonably high profile Championship players who also couldn't play here.

We can look forward to many cries of "I didn't vote for that!" from Brexit idiots.

Well, yes, you did. Now fuck off.