Winter Chat Line 2017 | Page 9 | Vital Football

Winter Chat Line 2017

Thanks Oz!

No, the only time I go to a pub for a drink is when I'm with my daughter! As you say it's usually for a meal.

Since I stopped helping organised away trips with the Millers Sixpence and I go with another organised coach now where we go early and stop for a meal which is pre-booked. It usually works well, although Saturday at Shrewsbury was a bit airy-fairy!

Actually Sixpence knew my Mum-in-Law before she knew me so we sort of knew each other in passing. It's the Millers that got us friendly.

Just had a violent storm go through literally out of the blue.
Lasted five minutes and had thunder lightning along with high winds rain and hailstones. Enough to overflow the gutters and frighten the life out of Barney whip I’d now laying beside me.
Sun now out as if nothing had happened.

Was lucky re the storm. Along the waterfront trees were down and roofs ripped off.

Would not have the snow at all.

Another good result for your lads.

It's threatened for here - we are supposed to be going to Newcastle tomorrow but I don't think that will happen.

Yes - and didn't City do well in the Cup! Though, to be fair, Arsenal were rubbish, as Gary Neville told them!

Back from a lovely few days in London with my daughter and family, so missed all the excitement on Saturday! UTM!
Heavy snow showers and a hail storm during the journey home.
Fortunately not alot of snow on the ground.

Thanks for keeping Caz company Ozi.

We've decided to give going North a miss and will go next week instead. Problems on the A1 at a junction we have to pass - plus bad snow threats for that way on.

Playing it safe is a good call Caz.
Been missing for a couple of days, have rallies for a couple of weeks.
Not bad for now but by the they go I will be guiltily pleased.

Well good luck with that Oz!

We have inches of the white stuff now - and it's still coming down. Going to dig the wellies out and try and get into town to get some provisions for Mum-in-Law. She has carers going and they did manage to get there yesterday, thankfully. But, of course, they don't do her shopping. The car will be staying where it is and we are going on the bus - providing they are running! To be honest, I'm not good on my feet in the snow, but I think I make myself worse by taking small steps instead of striding out

Minnie and I have still been out on our walks. It's much drier snow than we've had in recent winters - not so slippy.

Actually wehave both enjoyed it apart from when the snow is coming down horizontally and blowing into our faces - very cold!!

Yes, it wasn't bad walking, especially where they had gritted but quite slippy where a lot of people had walked. I think that will be the problem now, the impacted ice underneath the snow. The car has to be de-snowed now as it's got it's MOT this afternoon!

Just received emails from Scotland, Edinburgh and Perth, thick with snow and really cold looking.
I sat out in the sun and did the crossword.

Well things were looking better here yesterday, a friend even managed to pop in. Then it bl***y snowed again!

We are going out to Parkgate (usually takes us 15 mins at most, Oz). Got to go to holiday place to pick things up we ordered. Will also try to get to Mum-in-Laws.

Whether this will be on the buses or in the car I'm not sure yet.

Not so good underfoot today. There was a slight thaw yesterday then in the evening freezing rain - not sure I have ever experienced that before - horrible!
Snow foll on top of that so now there is hidden slippery ice beneath the new snow!

Was going to try to go out in the car but debating whether its worth the effort of clearing the snow off and scraping the thick ice off the windscreen hiding under the snow!! Then negotiating the uncleared roads to get to the main roads - phew maybe not!

Yes, probably best Sixpence. We are lucky living a hop, skip and jump from a bus route which does get gritted so once we are there all the main roads were done. Was a bit slippy getting to Mum-in-Laws but we did it OK. Here carers who go four times a day haven't missed once, bless them.

Decided to make the effort! Went to the new diy store for replacement light bulbs - for a picture light and one to go with the other 3 in the ceiling light - both now been replaced by something better!

Then to the supermarket at Parkgate - Not a potato of any kind in the shop - VERY little fresh food and veg and this was only 2 o' clock!

Parkgate is a shopping centre eh?
Imagine running out of potatoes and we complain if we run out of avocados.
Another two days and three nights to go before peace returns at my home. :69: