Winter Chat Line 2017 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Winter Chat Line 2017

I know - but we aren't saying anything!

Your lot don't know when to stop scoring do they! Want to be careful they might run out of goals! lol

Enjoyed the game yesterday - good atmosphere. At the end even their goalie applauded us Millers fans, which I think is nice - wouldn't see that in the Premier League! And I can't remember it happening n the Championship either

Always good to see sportsmanship Caz and it’s a pity it seems at time to be missing when you get to the EPL

Another good result for us against Leicester with a nice bonus.....Newcastle beating the Salford team from the old toilet.

Rest day today, lawns tomorrow.
Looking forward to that. :26:

I had a bit of a rest day yesterday! Daughter came Saturday while I was in Sc**thorpe and had gone out with her pals before I got back. Cooked her brunch yesterday morning and she went home around midday. I did very little after that!

Supposed to be meeting Bez in Sheffield today but she's text to inform me she will try to get to her bus stop but they have 3 inches of snow!

Very cold here but the sun is shining!

Bez, was that the lady that was here way back when I used to come in?

Another great win for you, at this rate it won’t be long before you are playing us!
State electricity sent us a post two weeks ago that our power will be off from 8am until 3.30 pm tomorrow due to them upgrading something or other.
Guess what the temp is going to be tomorrow...37c. Nearly 100f
Will be off early to buy some ice. :29:

Re Bez, yes it was - she doesn't really do computers anymore

Both teams had good wins didn't they!

I should stop in the ice shop! Or, alternatively just pop over here - it's not that warm at the moment - it was absolutely freezing last night. I had two pairs of warm trousers on and my knees were still blue!

Have you seen the Beatles herringthorpe? I went to see them at the civic theatre at Rotherham. They were really good. They are coming again in the autumn this year. Well worth a visit to watch them.

I have seen a group impersonating the Beatles on holiday somewhere. They were very good - to say they were all Japanese!

Actually Sixpence and I are off to the Civic tomorrow evening to see The Beach Boys (though, I suspect it's not the real ones!)

Yes, they seem to be easy to imitate don't they.

The Beach Boys Tribute were brilliant last night - the energy of the one telling the story had my head in a whirl! Had us all singing and clapping and laughing.

I have seen the 'Bootleg Beatles' a number of times - they have been performing their tribute for over 20years! Very good!

I had never heard of a tribute band to the Beachboys before, but as Caz says they were great - thoroughly enjoyed them!

Have had a hectic week! To Hemsworth to visit my aunt, to London to take care of my poorly daughter and granddaughter, visited my Mum, visited my friend in hospital, appointment with the hairdresser - AND managed to go tothe Theatre last night!

I think it was the Bootleg mob that was here.
A whole lot of these imitators get around nowadays. At one time it was mainly Elvis but now they are all coming out. Roy Orbison, Everly Bros, even Jerry Lee. Who could ever possibly imitate Jerry Lee Lewis.
He was the bees knees.

I suppose with all the You Tube and things like that around you can get to see more of what you should be like if you are impersonating. If that makes sense!

I've seen a Robbie Williams impersonator (at Port Vale I think) and he was excellent, even looked like him, which a lot of these others don't.

Last season we had a team impersonating footballers but we ditched most of them and now look at us!!!

Strange game for City last night, Oz.

On the other hand it might be good for us as Wigan will be thinking about the cup now and could slip up - with the hundreds of games they have in hand!

Go for them Caz.
Very disappointed with City.
Ah well, cup final against Le’Arse on Sunday so hopefully we will take it out on Wenger.

Oh, I would think you will - not that he'll see it of course!

Had a couple of days in Stoke at my daughters. Her and her boyfriend have moved out of a rented property and bought their own house. They live just out of Stoke and we went into the city to the Potteries museum, interesting. They have a lot of little pubs in and around Stoke, real ale pubs, usually just one smallish room. We frequented a couple of them before going back to get changed as we'd booked into a Chinese for a meal. Before that we went into another pub and I discovered Turkish Delight Gin - very very nice!

Good journey back yesterday, roads were fine.

Sounds like a nice time Caz.
The small pubs are something I have missed being here.
They are opening small ones now but they are a bit of a fad I think, more like up market winehouses. Not really Yeats Ha Ha.
Very rarely in a pub nowadays. Only time I have a drink is if out for a meal in a restaurant or perhaps an outdoor area for a snack.
The A to Z of Australia, I am trying to think of all the unusual names for you all so just remember they are real places in case you think I’ve lost the plot. :19: