Winter Chat Line 2017 | Page 10 | Vital Football

Winter Chat Line 2017

I ended up buying two packs of four baking potatoes yesterday at Morrisons - they had the massive bags but we've really nowhere to store them. But pleased you got the car out!

The country comes to a stop with an inch or three of snow here Oz! Friends of mine were meeting family for a special birthday, flying to Malaga from Teeside - they set off on Thursday and got there last night - though the airport were very good with them apparently! And got there to cold winds and rain!

You love the chaos really Oz!

Daughter and boyfriend have announced they are here next weekend - they are in their 30's and I still go 'phew' when they've gone!

qYes Parkgate Is out of town shopping much better to shop there than the town centre a
which is now quite poor. Panic buying the staff say, but I think its because the weather was much better yesterday so everyone was able to get there - it was very busy.

I guess you have to put up with your lot in life to a great extent.
Crowded shopping centres can put some stress on your patience.
How about that bloke in the snow covered goalmouth?
Bit of a job on there for him.

I'm guessing he had help! Did you see the Rochdale (I think) players getting brooms and brushes out during their game to help clear the snow off the lines last week?

Parkgate as actually an outdoor shopping centre unlike Meadowhall which is all indoor.

Seems getting to the shops is your biggest problem at the moment.

Visitors fly out tonight. I have a bottle of Ancestor all ready to open later in the evening. :4:

Enjoy - your cuddles and Ozi your Ancestor (sorry don't know what that is!)

My son spent Sunday afternoon clearing snow, blown down trees, and debris from my grandaughters school grounds so the children could return to school on Monday and when the motorway was closed for the night my daughter in law spent the night helping at the community centre where the police were sending stranded motorists.

Everything is back to normal now, though.

Must be very proud of the Sixpence. A brilliant effort from both.
Ancestor is a 12 year old Scotch from Dewars Whisky.

Nice and peaceful here now and Barney is also pleased he has his master back to himself again.

Barney will be needing cuddles now then!

My whisky tipple at the moment is Haig - quite smooth for an inexpensive drink. Though I am drinking more rum at the moment. The other half likes the smokey whiskies.

Hairdressers this morning then off to the supermarket. Out to a new Indian in town tomorrow night (well, it's probably been there a year but it's usually that long before we get round to going!)

Sorry Ozi (heathen that I am!), my husband like the Sottish single malt and I knew his favourites but I've never liked whisky!

Been to see my Mum - we had the ladies in the lounge singing along. Amazingly although she has forgotten such a lot (including me!) she still remembers the words to lots of the old songs - her favourite is 'It's a long way to tickle Mary!' (Tipperary).

Then shopping for food - my eldest granddaghter and her MumAnd Dad are coming on Sunday!

Yes, it's funny how words to songs stick in their heads isn't it - same with my Mum-in-Law.

Enjoy having the family over on Sunday - nice Mothers Day present!