Winks will be better than Carrick | Page 3 | Vital Football

Winks will be better than Carrick

Harry Winks has signed a new contract with the Club until 2022.

[youtube=/n_ST9GtcS0M]

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/new-deal-for-harry-winks-140217/

I think Winks has the potential to be a helluva good player, he is neat and tidy ...... I want to see him, well all our attacking players to see and make incisive attacking passes a few seconds before they currently do.....That alone will make a massive difference to our game.

And then just imagine if Kane and Son for example see and pass to someone in a better scoring position...The mind boggles at what difference that might make!

I think KWP has signed a new deal as well.

Regarding Winks we have to start looking at Dembele's long term replacement. In our current squad apart from Winks I don't see any other player doing that. Winks is a different type of player but Poch plays him in the CM position which is Moose's area.

I see him as Dembele's understudy. Dembele was Modrics' replacement although a different player and Winks I hope will step up to be Dembele's even though he's more similar to Modric.

Pleased he's signed a new deal. Saw him in an interview say he now believes he has to earn it, let's hope he does

I think Winks has far more to offer in his locker. I have seen glimpses when he has space of real flair and creativity. He is somewhat shackled with responsibility in his role but is doing his job. He likes to go forward and pass forwards. Surprisingly strong on the ball and tenacious off it.

I would like to see him start more games maybe later in the season if 4 th is nailed on. Definitely cup games.

Would we have bought Modric had we not sold Carrick? Carrick was a huge player for us, much more so than Huddleston was. Did we miss 'Thud' so much when we let him go that we were desperate to fill the hole he left?
I think Winks has the ability to take over from Dembele. Certainly if played alongside Wanyama. This could save us £25-£30m at current prices for top midfielders. I wonder how good Bentaleb would look alongside Wanyama? When we had him here we made him play with Mason.

I have been going to spurs since the early seventies, and been watching football prior to that. You are going to have to trust me on this, Winks will never make it. He is another Carol, Bentaleb, or even Stephen Clemence. If not this summer, the following summer he will be sold to a side like Hull or Stoke. He isn't without talent, but he certainly isn't a top four side player, and never will be !!

Mr Happy - 16/2/2017 17:40

I have been going to spurs since the early seventies, and been watching football prior to that. You are going to have to trust me on this, Winks will never make it. He is another Carol, Bentaleb, or even Stephen Clemence. If not this summer, the following summer he will be sold to a side like Hull or Stoke. He isn't without talent, but he certainly isn't a top four side player, and never will be !!

Agreed, he is busy and runs around a lot but so do most lower league players.

Lets not write him off just yet. Until he gets a proper run in this team we won't know how good he can be. That being said some fans do like to go completely overboard when it come to a homegrown player.

It takes time, kane took a while and still has poor patches. The one thing that helps kane is he is the only striker we have whos decent so its only obvious he will bang in a ton of goals.

Nick Real Deal - 16/2/2017 20:38

I thought Winks was our best player tonight and the ratings back that up.

Forget ratings, what did he do that any run around a lot lower league player couldn't ?

Making a difference is what it's all about at the higher levels, he doesn't make a difference.

Winks created attacking opportunities. Put in a good cross their keeper fumbled and made himself available in MF to push forward. He got the highest ratings in all reports and praise in posts from many. He was our best player on a night where the others struggled.

To write him off so soon based on his encouraging showings so far is harsh.

Nick Real Deal - 17/2/2017 10:40

Winks created attacking opportunities. Put in a good cross their keeper fumbled and made himself available in MF to push forward. He got the highest ratings in all reports and praise in posts from many. He was our best player on a night where the others struggled.

To write him off so soon based on his encouraging showings so far is harsh.

Wasn't his best game but I agree with you. He does plenty that lower league players don't/can't and if he keeps working will be a very good player for us imo

Nick Real Deal - 16/2/2017 20:38

I thought Winks was our best player tonight and the ratings back that up.

He was, but he's too young and too inexperienced to carry the rest of the team on his back when they're playing poorly.

But if he continues with his progress, we'll be building a team around him.

More plaudits for Winks..

http://www.footballfancast.com/opinion-2/statistics/pochettinos-decision-to-give-young-tottenham-midfielder-a-chance-was-certainly-vindicated

Once again, Winks had a superb game and has showed his manager that he was right to let Mason, Carroll and Bentaleb leave. I can actually see an argument for Southgate to select him in this latest squad. Against Lithuania, he'd be perfect to come on in the second half and keep possession and use his passing ability to close out the game. I can't think of a better player to do that right now.

Why anyone is so enthusiastic about any player's performance against Millwall is beyond me.

What did they expect?

We are a top 6 club.

It was a whole lot of fun thumping them though!

80deg16minW - 13/3/2017 20:50

Why anyone is so enthusiastic about any player's performance against Millwall is beyond me.

What did they expect?

We are a top 6 club.

It was a whole lot of fun thumping them though!

let's not forget that they'd beaten three PL clubs along the way.