Windows 8 | Vital Football

Windows 8

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Just trying to set up windows mail and it is saying it doesn't support pop accounts.

I've no idea what the other guff is they are going on about!

So I either need to use webmail for my emails (3 different accounts) which would be fiddly or .....?

Surely you can do windows live mail on this thing?!

The Fear - 27/5/2013 11:08

feck it, I'll download windows mail that I'm used to!

Attachments

• 310902_169753629767635_7024320_n.jpg
    310902_169753629767635_7024320_n.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 0
I just think Windows 8 is a generation too early. I have it on a Touchscreen device, and it is awesome. Yes, as a desktop alone it does have issues, but once you've used it with a touchscreen it all makes sense. The problem is, these aren't mainstream yet.

I have a touchscreen. There are bits of it that are ok heathfield, but there are too many conflicts with other programmes etc and some of the parts you have to go all around the place to do a simple task and can't pin half the things to the desktop.

But hey ho, I'm slowly loading stuff that will work for what I need!

The Fear - 4/6/2013 17:03

I have a touchscreen. There are bits of it that are ok heathfield, but there are too many conflicts with other programmes etc and some of the parts you have to go all around the place to do a simple task and can't pin half the things to the desktop.

But hey ho, I'm slowly loading stuff that will work for what I need!

I haven't had any problems with Programs not running, and all my Drivers have installed perfectly, even some really obscure ones on my NAS. I must just be lucky!!

And yes, trying to get a shortcut on the Desktop is a pain, you're right. Have you created the quick Shutdown button?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2038647/how-to-create-a-windows-8-shutdown-tile.html

I put it on every machine I set up.

I will consider that, but only once the new 8 update is fully done this month.

The one glitch that has annoyed me (and Rev!) is when I've shut down, I have to switch off the plug for me to be able to turn it back on in the morning (if not, blank screen with 'on' lights but no display, which is apparently a known issue!)

Only annoying because when I change settings, it knocks other stuff out! LOL

Nice computer though, pleased with it generally, just been a busy / tiring week because setting this up means extra work mounting up!