Windass | Page 2 | Vital Football

Windass

I believe Windass has the ability to play at championship level, but his application isn’t there. I’d love him to come good and make me eat my words.

The lad does seem to have unresolved issues with Rangers and his motivation for joining us I'm not entirely sure is the right one. I get the impression he believes he is far better than what he actually is - or certainly what he's shown us anyway. He needs to get his head down, put his past employer behind him and move on with his life and career.

He is not a winger or a loan striker. Put him up front in a strike partnership with Grigg and he will score goals.

Now that sounds sensible. I bet he wasn't flapping around on his own or in a different position every week at Ibrox and he could have had the best thing a striker can get second to a partner and that's service.

In the last two games we have played 4-4-2 with a right footed winger on the right and a left footed on the left and barely created a chance.
It has nothing to do with formation but with the tactic in the formation that is letting us down at the moment.
Juventus beat Man United away with Dybala as a false 9 so its not a matter of formation (imo of course)

So in the last two we've allegedly played a obscure version of 4-4-2 and that's what's letting us down at the moment.
So what about previous matches we have been beaten in against much lesser opposition.
Respect your opinion but is it down down to starting elevens that are just not good enough for this level who had to face two very good opponents.
I include Windass as one of the players who are not quite up to it.

I agree that there are certain players that is not performing/not good enough for this league but it seems that the default argument to scoring more goals is to play with two strikers instead of looking at the tactics.

We scored 7 goals in the first three games of the season with chances for much more and it was down to offensive football with movement of the ball and a great counterattacking approach.
Was it naive? Yes a little but it caused a lot of problems for the opponents and made them hesitate to commit players forward.
Since then we have scored 12 in 14 and now we just kick it up towards the opposing goalkeeper and hope that someone gets on the end of it if it doesnt disappear in the atmosphere.
The injuries is clearly not helping but going from one end of your approach the the complete other because of injuries is the wrong plan imo.

Back to topic Windass is a outspoken person and it may not be a bad thing but he seems very bitter about the whole thing.
I do think he is good enough and if Cook goes back to playing a passing game we will se the best of him as he is not suited for this football(but who is?)

Maybe P.C. is playing more of the big boot simply because he hasnt got the personell to play an high pressing passing game with. Hate the bid hoof ball game but to me that isnt 442 its just hoof ball. We havnt even got the right players to play hoofball with. Fingers crossed we can pick some points up before Christmas whatever we do and more importantly the board back P.C. in January or else there will be serious trouble like our lat couple of seasons in this league.

No variations of 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 mean automatic long ball, boring football or more exciting with more goals - any system can be played well or badly.

Our current tactics are diabolical quite frankly. We are so ill suited to playing long ball no formation would make this much better. We should of bought 2 giant target men like Smith from QPR and Jukewitz from Birmingham if we were considering playing this long rather than Garner and Windass.

I think you answered your own questions there KDZ. Why would a manager buy two players not suited to a system, surely this tells you that he doesn't want to play that way but is being forced into employing those tactics due to the circumstances the club finds itself in.

He can't stay away from social media harping at or on about Rangers
Don't hearing hobbing off much about Accy.
Zip it up Josh and concentrate on who pays you now.

I know, I'm getting a little tired of it now. If he's so interested in Rangers he might as well just go back and play for them, as he certainly wouldn't be missed here. It might seem harsh but apart from a few good games he hasn't done anything to justify the 2.5mil price that we paid for him.

A few good games??? Very generous with the word few......how many are you referring to as I can’t think of any!

I've seen more attacking flair in a dead ferret. He was his usual ineffectual self again today. Stealing a living that lad.

Well he had a one on one chance created for him when it was still 0-0 and to no ones surprise he missed the target .....in the 2nd half a beautiful cross was put on to his head at the back post and he brilliantly cleared the danger by steering it 5 yards past the far post.