Windass | Vital Football

Windass

jeffs right

Vital Football Hero
According to the Scottish Record Josh left Rangers because he thought they undervalued him at £2.5 million. WTF!!???
Up to now it looks like we have been robbed. Talk about The Championship, with what he has shown so far he wouldn't have made the starting eleven last season in League 1. Daylight robbery Mr Gerrard of a first degree.

According to the Scottish Record Josh left Rangers because he thought they undervalued him at £2.5 million. WTF!!???
Up to now it looks like we have been robbed. Talk about The Championship, with what he has shown so far he wouldn't have made the starting eleven last season in League 1. Daylight robbery Mr Gerrard of a first degree.

I dont understand the point, why leave just because you dont like the value they put on you?

Dont you leave if the manager says will never play you.

I suspect the latter is true and they got a good deal for themselves

He can't stay away from social media harping at or on about Rangers
Don't hearing hobbing off much about Accy.
Zip it up Josh and concentrate on who pays you now.

Thats what i was trying to say in a earlier post .
He should Focus on wigan and prove them wrong by Letting him go ,
By doing the talking on the Pitch .
He should move on ,
Untill He gets over Rangers , we won't See the best off him and its holding him back .
I for one wants Him to do Well but his Head is all about Rangers and not
WIGAN . Thats what i think

Having watched him dont think he is any were near the level of this league there is no work rate in his game
Sorry but that’s bollocks. He was probably the hardest worker in the whole team against Leeds, certainly covered the most ground. Boro as well.

Windass has well and truly established himself as the current holder of the Wigan Athletic fans scapegoat award sponsored by Jordi Gomez. People just finding any excuse to have a dig at him.

When did he take that award from Kalamity Naismith ?
Windass just needs his iphone confiscating ln any other job he'd been looking at a disciplinary investigation.
His impact so far would suggest Rangers valuation was actually over egged and hes leaving himself wide open to be mercilessly trolled by gers fans which will continue to fan the flames.

I think Windass works quite hard but he's not skillful enough to dribble past players when playing out wide and far too lightweight to play down the centre with our long ball game at the moment. We have too often played to his weakness and against his strenths.

I have not been impressed with him overall but we've got to be fair - why did we sign him if this was the style of player we intended to use? If we ever get back to playing attacking, pass and move we'll get a lot more out of him. But playing him in this system is never going to work. We've seen glimpses of real quality but he's clearly not a talisman player who good enough to grab teams by the scruff of the neck and drag them to victory - he needs everyone around him to be making the runs for his passes or giving him the through balls to run onto. He's actually quite good at those 2 things but his team mates letting him down.

Considering what his dad was like and with Josh being quite a tall,well built lad I've been shocked at how poor he is at challenging for headers or holding the ball. Clearly the big nasty target man genes didnt get passed on. We could certainly have done with one of them rather than the 2 target men we have who are only about 5'8!

I just don't get why we bought him considering how we've tried to use him. He's completely the wrong type of player for what we've asked of him.

Last edited:
If running around like a headless chicken is what you call putting a shift in then yeah i agree, he may have got away with that in the Scottish Poor League but not here in the Championship.

When did he take that award from Kalamity Naismith ?
Windass just needs his iphone confiscating ln any other job he'd been looking at a disciplinary investigation.
His impact so far would suggest Rangers valuation was actually over egged and hes leaving himself wide open to be mercilessly trolled by gers fans which will continue to fan the flames.
Naismith isn’t a scapegoat, he’s just crap.

If running around like a headless chicken is what you call putting a shift in then yeah i agree, he may have got away with that in the Scottish Poor League but not here in the Championship.
That the same league whose third placed team gave us a good spanking? The same team Windass scored 18 odd goals for? We’d be mid table in that league.

Yip more like a Neil Morton than a Kai Naismith.

Whats the odds he's gone in January, I for one wouldn't miss him his heads in Scotland, I've never known a player bleat on about his old club like him its an embarrassment to Wigan.

Cheers for posting. These Si Ferry interviews are pretty good.
Nice to see a player opening up (as much as they can do) and explaining bits.
33.08 ... playing on the wing.
"despise it"
1:01:25 comments again on playing wide then a text about Wigan having a bid accepted.
P*ssed off about the amount that was accepted for him (2.5 million mentioned)

C Latic, wasnt that a pre season friendly against Rangers and they already had a few competive games under their belt?
You've more or less answered my question about the poor SPL with the 18 goals JW scored in that league, he wont get half that in the Championship this season.

C Latic, wasnt that a pre season friendly against Rangers and they already had a few competive games under their belt?
You've more or less answered my question about the poor SPL with the 18 goals JW scored in that league, he wont get half that in the Championship this season.
We also had competive games under our belt. We even played our first team while Rangers rested their top players in preparation for the Europa League. They pumped us, face it.

We also had competive games under our belt. We even played our first team while Rangers rested their top players in preparation for the Europa League. They pumped us, face it.
:downer:

Which competitive games had we played?
If i remember right they they "pumped" us after Burn went off and our defenders
were at sixes and sevens with the chopping and changing, do you really think Windass is Championship class or are you on a wind up?