Win or Lose Poll | Page 2 | Vital Football

Win or Lose Poll

While we wait today lets see what folk think

• WIN APPEAL

• LOSE APPEAL

Results are only viewable after voting.
Belting song

Superb use of a transition to a B major chord (rather than a B minor) in the chorus too.
Agreed - and thanks for the chord construct information....! - have you not finished painting the fence though ? 🤣

If all things were fair and even i think should probably win, but i fear we wont.

It was the right thing to fight this all the way as we have a good case but i don't trust the system to give a fair answer. If they were debating taking points off in the future (like Sheff Wed) i'd fancy us strongly. But once the punishment was applied and the final league table published with our deduction i think there will be a massive reluctance to give the points back.

It's a bit like they are happy to overturn a wrong red card so the player can feature in future games but they wouldn't go back and overturn a goal wrongly given offside which would change the result of the previous game. I think they'll look at it a bit like that unfortunately.

They couldn't wait to punish us and they will have moved heaven and earth to try and salvage some credability. I suspect announcing the deduction for Wed last week was deliberetly timed so they can say 'see we are consistent as it's not just you getting docked points' even though it's highly inconsistent.

Love to be proven wrong but i'd be stunned if they overturned our deduction. I'm hoping for the best but i've been preparing for the worth throughout.

I know Kendrick said that's what he was told by the Administrators, but that's not the way that previous appeals have gone.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter to us (points wise) ....................... unless of course, a complete overturn of the decision means that any transfer restrictions would also be rescinded. .......... which would be a bonus.

I would've thought that if they deem we were wrongly punished all punishments should be removed.

I've always thought it's all or nothing on the points as the rules clearly state 12 point deduction - it's just a case if the rules were applied correctly under the circumstances.

If all things were fair and even i think should probably win, but i fear we wont.

It was the right thing to fight this all the way as we have a good case but i don't trust the system to give a fair answer. If they were debating taking points off in the future (like Sheff Wed) i'd fancy us strongly. But once the punishment was applied and the final league table published with our deduction i think there will be a massive reluctance to give the points back.

It's a bit like they are happy to overturn a wrong red card so the player can feature in future games but they wouldn't go back and overturn a goal wrongly given offside which would change the result of the previous game. I think they'll look at it a bit like that unfortunately.

They couldn't wait to punish us and they will have moved heaven and earth to try and salvage some credability. I suspect announcing the deduction for Wed last week was deliberetly timed so they can say 'see we are consistent as it's not just you getting docked points' even though it's highly inconsistent.

Love to be proven wrong but i'd be stunned if they overturned our deduction. I'm hoping for the best but i've been preparing for the worth throughout.
The EFL acted in haste which has landed us here. Thing is rather than support us and be transparent they have done everything possible - deduction, no solidarity payment, legal fees and manipulated SW deduction - to deter us which hasn't worked. Whatever happens I am proud that as a club we have kept swinging at the feckers rather than taking a knee to them 😉

That's a heads we win, tails we lose line if ever I saw one KDZ. ;)

More saying i don't think we'll get a level playing field behind the scenes, so it's less about how good the case is and what is just and more about getting what the 'right result'.

I've always thought it's all or nothing on the points as the rules clearly state 12 point deduction - it's just a case if the rules were applied correctly under the circumstances.

That's the initial penalty. Upon appeal ......

12.3.18 The League Arbitration Panel shall have the power to:

(a) confirm the deduction of 12 points; or

(b) set aside the deduction of 12 points and substitute a deduction of such lower number of points as it shall deem appropriate; or

(c) order that there shall be no sanction at all.

That's the initial penalty. Upon appeal ......

12.3.18 The League Arbitration Panel shall have the power to:

(a) confirm the deduction of 12 points; or

(b) set aside the deduction of 12 points and substitute a deduction of such lower number of points as it shall deem appropriate; or

(c) order that there shall be no sanction at all.

Any reduction that relegates Barnsley probably opens up a legal can of worms. Barnsley can't appeal the decision but they will be looking to sue everyone for loss of earnings. If they keep the punishment in place but reduce it slightly i think it would be a drastically easier line of attack for the Barnsley lawyers.

Moving forward it's much easier to just keep our punishment in place and their legal problems disapear, i'm sure those type of things will have been discussed. I think that will be the main thing that will get us unfortunately.

Any reduction that relegates Barnsley probably opens up a legal can of worms. Barnsley can't appeal the decision but they will be looking to sue everyone for loss of earnings. If they keep the punishment in place but reduce it slightly i think it would be a drastically easier line of attack for the Barnsley lawyers.

Moving forward it's much easier to just keep our punishment in place and their legal problems disapear, i'm sure those type of things will have been discussed. I think that will be the main thing that will get us unfortunately.

Barnsley have sweet FA to whinge about.

Their points tally still didn't match ours before we went into administration.

Regardless, if they're discussing how the decision affects other clubs then that's completely out of order. Nowt to do with them .......... the only issue is whether or not a penalty against Wigan was a) in order, and b) appropriate .

More than a little ironic that an ad for Euromillions is the site pop up this morning.
What's this afternoon- Hong Kong tourist board?

Springy you are on a winner, as a policeman said to me, we have laws in this country, but that does not mean you will get justice.
The EFL are the establishment, and it is hard to beat the establishment.

End of the day lose and we can still hold our heads up high dust ourselves down hopefully have a new owner and start ftom scratch
The club that stays up good luck to them i know they have been doing some crying and moaning but thats yorkshire for you
Here's to the future with heads held high next year it could be barnsley in our position you never know

Barnsley have sweet FA to whinge about.

Their points tally still didn't match ours before we went into administration.

Regardless, if they're discussing how the decision affects other clubs then that's completely out of order. Nowt to do with them .......... the only issue is whether or not a penalty against Wigan was a) in order, and b) appropriate .

It's more the Pandora's Box of precedents it sets up. I've never heard or seen points given back after they were deducted from the table. Hope we are the first but this isn't about and what is right us to the FA it's about them and what is best for them. If doing right by us causes them issues and doing us over gives them an easy life then i fear they wont care too much about the rights and wrongs.

The EFL acted in haste which has landed us here. Thing is rather than support us and be transparent they have done everything possible - deduction, no solidarity payment, legal fees and manipulated SW deduction - to deter us which hasn't worked. Whatever happens I am proud that as a club we have kept swinging at the feckers rather than taking a knee to them 😉
So you see 'taking the knee' as a subservient action?

I believe we will lose the appeal, too many vested interests against us.
Double standards as usual from the EFL who always hide behind rules that they choose to interpret in whatever way suits their agenda.
The main thing is we get the result and move on to new owners (hopefully) as soon as possible.
Whoever takes us over deserves the full support of the fans, only by being together will we overcome this injustice.
No moaning that we don't like them because of something that happened in the past or we don't like then personally- give whoever takes over a chance to prove themselves

It's more the Pandora's Box of precedents it sets up. I've never heard or seen points given back after they were deducted from the table. Hope we are the first but this isn't about and what is right us to the FA it's about them and what is best for them. If doing right by us causes them issues and doing us over gives them an easy life then i fear they wont care too much about the rights and wrongs.
I'd have thought that the precedent has already been set with Blackpool being reprieved.

Also, it's hardly ground breaking to simply enforce your own rules, already written in black and white.

Try to be objective. Like others, you're letting your emotions get the better of you. There are no 'legal can of worms' or legal problems.

Barnsley had less points than us and were bound for the drop. The 12 pt sanction helped them. They were at the hearing and submitted their argument. Therefore the decision goes either, for against them. Who are they gonna sue - the hearing panel?