Wimbledon Game Negativity | Vital Football

Wimbledon Game Negativity

Brendan Bradley

Vital Squad Member
I thought I'd pull together some of the comments from this forum following the game against Wimbledon. They make bleak reading to be honest:

-We are our own worst enemies
-Inability to sign decent forwards will cost us this year.
-January can’t come quick enough
-Well that game can be explained as same old same old
-Really obvious that the end product ain’t happening and the opportunity to score ain’t happening
-Another dreadfully impotent performance
-We are lacking a midfielder or winger to create a *really* unmissable chance
-Not one forward to create a bit of space or time to get a good shot away
-Worst period before this was when Tom Champion was in the team
-There has been a degree of naivety with transfers and squad building which has left us short of both quality and quantity
-At the mo we are currently just plain old Lincoln yet again
-It concerns me that if we are not careful we will lose all the momentum that we have built up
-Unfortunately until Jan we have what we have. There is nothing we can do about it
-If we continue to play like we are doing right now I would have to think twice about going
-In January we need at least 4 players
-It is going to be frustrating if the crowds drift

And if anyone thinks that lot look a bit odd, they're after the cup game at Wimbledon exactly two years ago.

That was slap bang in the middle of the golden age ushered in by the Cowleys. With the benefit of hindsight it all looks a bit ridiculous now.

Did anyone really think the pace of success could continue at the same rate? Not that it matters because it's only one person's opinion but I still think the ship is being steered in the right direction.

Is this an observation or a criticism?
Some of those comments are a bit off but quite a few are correct.

A lot of our games seem to follow the same pattern. We start competitively and boss the game at times. Have a lot of good possession but just don't use the ball well enough going forwards. A combination of poor touches & poor decisions and the oppostion feel less threatened and more confident. Then we have to try and hold on to what we have usually unsuccessfully.

Not sure how relevant the fact we were crap for most of the decade is to this season

Is this an observation or a criticism?
Some of those comments are a bit off but quite a few are correct.

A lot of our games seem to follow the same pattern. We start competitively and boss the game at times. Have a lot of good possession but just don't use the ball well enough going forwards. A combination of poor touches & poor decisions and the oppostion feel less threatened and more confident. Then we have to try and hold on to what we have usually unsuccessfully.

Not sure how relevant the fact we were crap for most of the decade is to this season
The post is in reference to this forum's reaction to a 1.0 defeat at Wimbledon in our first season back in the league! Comprehendi!

The post is in reference to this forum's reaction to a 1.0 defeat at Wimbledon in our first season back in the league! Comprehendi!
QED, one catch for BB :fish:

Does prove the point, depending on last result(s) its glass totally full or totally empty for a few on here over the years.

QED, one catch for BB :fish:

Does prove the point, depending on last result(s) its glass totally full or totally empty for a few on here over the years.

Also proves the point that a lot of football fans really are as thick as sh*t and their opinions are about as sound as a chocolate fire guard