Wimbledon 2018 | Vital Football

Wimbledon 2018

northamptonvillan

Vital 1st Team Regular
Slipped under the radar a bit but Wimbledon has begun with the news that Andy Murray will play no part this year.

Whilst looking for new British talent (sorry:whist:) This young lady caught the eye. Evidently she a 21 year old wild card from Leicester called Katie Boulter. Lets hope she can make it past the first round.
Mr+Holmes+UK+Premiere+Red+Carpet+Arrivals+GvX_rjoGlGKx.jpg

I loved the tennis when I was a young girl. It was a different game then to now. The days of Connors, McEnroe, Nasty, Borg and so on.

I still watch some today but not like I used too. I played tennis a bit when I was a teenager

Last edited:
Tennis legend Roger Federer has signed a deal with Japanese clothing company Uniqlo after ending his decades-long partnership with Nike.
The new contract is reportedly worth $300m (£228m) over the next 10 years and was signed after Federer's deal with Nike expired in March.

So he is 36 now and the deal runs out when he is 46.
His agent is a legend.....

Slipped under the radar a bit but Wimbledon has begun with the news that Andy Murray will play no part this year.

Whilst looking for new British talent (sorry:whist:) This young lady caught the eye. Evidently she a 21 year old wild card from Leicester called Katie Boulter. Lets hope she can make it past the first round.
Mr+Holmes+UK+Premiere+Red+Carpet+Arrivals+GvX_rjoGlGKx.jpg
Oh my I think I lost fluid

Wimbledon really shouldn't bother in World Cup year.

Know what you mean MD, but I do enjoy Wimbledon. As Kefkat says, not quite the same as the glory days of the 70's though. Was a better tennis player than cricketer as a youth.

Cricket took too long (all that standing round waiting for something to happen :sleep:)for a teenager with an extremely short attention span and energy to burn.

Yes I like Wimbledon and tennis really.
Went through a phase of going regularly in the early 2000's in the Henman glory years :lol:. Used to get tickets for centre or number 1 court.

Yes I like Wimbledon and tennis really.
Went through a phase of going regularly in the early 2000's in the Henman glory years :lol:. Used to get tickets for centre or number 1 court.

How the other half live :grinning:, I expect you enjoyed the strawberries and cream along with a Pimms, whilst singing along with Sir Cliff.:tophat: