Wim Hof | Vital Football

Wim Hof

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Don't think I've come across this before... I know the cold therapy (ice or cold showers) but this is all interesting

breathing

Anyone seen or read about Wim before?

Just tried the breathing exercise, I can't hold my breath for more than 45 seconds and my o2 levels dropped to 86% but after the breathing in and out bit rose to 97%, 97% is high for me I'm normally 90 to 95% which is low I know. Probably due to living with a smoker for years before I got rid of her, also working in a work environment where smoking was acceptable for many years.
I've never smoked a cigarette in my life but I've inhales thousands of other people's smoke.

I like the breathing technique. I've never tried the ice baths though. I have a friend who is mad for it. Swears by Wim Hof. Apparently, it's a yoga breathing technique called the breath of fire. You should try it out for a few days and see how you get on with it. If you don't notice any difference, what have you lost?

Is it the same principal as Cryotherapy chambers.

Incidentally the legendary jockey AP McCoy holds the record for the coldest temperature endured in one of those. -130 degrees !!!!!

Yeah seen this guy on several TV programmes over the past few months (Good Morning Britain, Jeremy Vine, Lorraine etc..), he seems to be doing the rounds.

I have to admit I do like doing the hot/cold thing at a Spa or posh swimming pool, where you have a sauna or steam for 20 minutes and then jump into one of those plunge pools. Very excilerating.

I've been to the arctic circle, you do get used to cold. We'd be in a workshop at 0c when it was minus 20 outside and it felt warm enough for t-shirts inside.
I had full cold climate gear but never used it all, never wore the thermal vest or Longjohns and certainly not the big gloves!

It is strange, because I've been doing my own cold therapy recently, when it was snowy / icy cold, I've done a stroll around the block with just my t-shirt on. Trying to get my system going!
Its strange re cold, I only ever wear shorts, and it doesnt matter how cold the weather is your legs never feel the cold.
Its just the fingers that seem to feel it, and they soon warm up once you get going.

Yeah seen this guy on several TV programmes over the past few months (Good Morning Britain, Jeremy Vine, Lorraine etc..), he seems to be doing the rounds.

I have to admit I do like doing the hot/cold thing at a Spa or posh swimming pool, where you have a sauna or steam for 20 minutes and then jump into one of those plunge pools. Very excilerating.

Yeah, agreed was a good plunge pool at the place I was staying at in Kuala Lumpur, no other bugger used it, so I did!

I hadn't realised just how cold my shower setting goes. Brrrrr.

That cold

Five minutes or just a bit more done though, fairly easy, deep breathing and mind over matter. Breathing system done as well. Bit restrictive for me, and can be painful, due to the broken ribs and the metal clips embedded in my ribcage.

But find this sort of thing interesting, especially as I seemed to be instinctively going this way, this year, already, as I'd been out walking on the freezing days, with no coat and did a session in the gym with no heater on.