Wilson Departs | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wilson Departs

He would have a decent pay-off as he still had another year left on his contract. Still a saving though and this move makes sense all round.

He might have found another club all partied happy new club gets him for free we save on salary and be gets game time - small payoff.

Does that mean we have a fourth centre back coming in?

He might have found another club all partied happy new club gets him for free we save on salary and be gets game time - small payoff.

doubt it DC looking for forwards.......................10,7,11,9 his words.

He was never a full back in my opinion and had some poor games there, but as a centre back, solid. His goal at Barnet was the only bright spot in a dreadful game. Think JA scored for them.

Agree with others posts. Unlucky with injury and then Shackell coming in. Not at the same level of Bostwick/Shackell and the writing was on the wall for this summer after the Bolger signing.

I think it is very likely he had a pay-off especially if he gets another club on a lower salary. The words "mutual consent " generally means a severance package is involved.

As the the 4th CB I would say he will go for a youngster with less experience. DC did indicate squad numbers 18-20 would be for those that had development potential.

I think it is very likely he had a pay-off especially if he gets another club on a lower salary. The words "mutual consent " generally means a severance package is involved.

As the the 4th CB I would say he will go for a youngster with less experience. DC did indicate squad numbers 18-20 would be for those that had development potential.
18 players would be very risky imho, we need 18 in theory for the match day squad, not much wriggle room.
Unless we sell someone for good money or we get some generous loan deals.
You do get the feeling the majority of the playing budget is tied in wages already.

We would need a 4th centre back but I wonder if one of last years U18's might be an option. Duncan Idehen was on the Checkatrade bench last year. Anyone know if he's still at the club?

Right I think Wilson was just damn unlucky.

Very impressive on his debut in what was in one of our top three worst performances of that season. Shortly after scoring our equaliser with basically his first touch as an Imp, I remember him taking a hospital pass at the back from some midfielder who should have known better, shrugging off his man... finding the same midfield offering him no options, and bringing it forward on his own and with pace rather than hoofing it - something I'd not seen from a Lincoln CB for quite a while (although Raggett was known for the odd foray forward). It looked like we had something there.

Injury smashed that momentum, then he couldn't get a game, then he got played out of position in a clearly knackered team - tactical necessity or no, that carried on through last season as he ended up playing in midfield at Port Vale (and scoring in the 6-2 victory).

Injury hit again before the Checkatrade games, crapping on guaranteed starts and another chance to break through. Arses. Then we signed Cian Hoofit Bolger... We could and should have seen far more of Wilson but best wishes to him, I can see him getting hoovered up by Grimsby and I'm a bit disappointed.

Spot on. Disappointed to see him go.

I’m assuming it’s the classic ‘found another club please release me’ arrangement. He will be employed on Monday. Good luck to him. Agree been unlucky here.

I've been expecting this since county away. When he came in he really didn't seem interested at all. He's a decent player, but we have players that better than him so he was always going to struggle to get a decent run of games.

He would have a decent pay-off as he still had another year left on his contract. Still a saving though and this move makes sense all round.
basically sums it up from the financial front.
don`t say a lot for his agent?...............couldn`t get him a contract.....poor service.

Funny how people see things differently. I remember that game against Barnet. He scored with a header and looked composed in possession, but that was not my abiding memory of his first match. It was of him allowing John Akinde to win virtually every header. He is a good all round player but not good enough in the air, which is not what you want in a centre half.

For me Bolger has improvements to be made when in possession but definitely better at doing what he's paid for, defending.

The fact he probably played more games out of position than in his position is telling.

Having said that never let anyone down when he played and wish him luck. Shows how rapid our progress that we are not too concerned to let full internationals leave

I remember him taking a hospital pass at the back from some midfielder who should have known better, shrugging off his man... finding the same midfield offering him no options, and bringing it forward on his own and with pace rather than hoofing it -
Yep, I remember this same moment thinking - this guy looks quality. But I think he has suffered from his appearances being sporadic. From what I've seen ,when recalled into the team he's made mistakes, but the sort of mistakes that occur through rustiness. I think with a run in the side he would have proved himself a good player, but it was clear DC saw him as a backup. Agree with others , he's been a bit unlucky.

He seemed very solid whenever he played but never really seemed to regain the managers confidence after *that* header at Exeter in the playoffs.

A decent player but considering who we signed him from probably a bit overpaid given his squad status so moving on is probably for the best.